Please! Spread the ratings much more!

I find it frustrating and unrealistic that so many times by half time and leading 1-0, all players get 6.9 in rating, except the player who have scoret. He gets about 0,4 more.

When you have a rating from 1 to 10, it seems redicilous that the ratings always are in the little area between 5 and 9, and almost always around 7 if it is not a extremely special match.

I understand that the .0 ratings was added as it was always 6 or 7 before. Now you have a little more, but I still find it stupid that the ratings arent spread more. It would add more "character" to the players in stead of the almost communistic equal ratings. In a real match more people are playing awful while others are great. But looking isolated at the ratings does not reflect that.

My main gripe about the rating system is the fact it shifts the concept of "adequate" by a whole point...

In the game you would consider a 6.5 performance a mediocre one, with 7.0 being more or less the passing grade. However in most 0-10 scales the threshold for pass is 6.0.

Also it should NOT award ratings above 8.0 unless the performance was truly stellar, and scoring 2 close-range goals is hardly 8.5 material IMO, not even if it's the World Cup final.

Basically a reasonably poor-good performance should range from 5.0 to 7.0, with anything below or above being reserved for truly deserving (or undeserving ;)) players.

That way the difference between a player with an average rating of 6.80 and another with 6.40 would TRULY mean something, while with the current ratings I really struggle to separate "reliable" from "plain unremarkable"

Archived