Stalybridge...(FM2011)

phantom9in

Hey all, just wanted to let you know how my new career is going. Lost the Seattle save do to HD crash, so started a new one with Stalybridge on FM2011(getting Fm2012 for XMas from my daughter). First off, let me say, OMG....how the hell do teams survive with $0 transfer budget!!! I guess I figured it out. The media predicted a 10th place finish in BSN, not bad, but I wanted more. I RAIDED the free transfer market, and what to my surprise...a 5th place finish and playoff bound. To make it short...I WON PROMOTION!!!!! WOW, that was hard. Ok onto the BSP and a new transfer budget of...$0..WTF?!?!?! Oh, well, time to dump dead wood and raid the free market again. Now sitting 3rd after 6 games in the BSP, one point off the top. Think I am going to like this.

OK, just finished my second season with Stalybridge and our first season in the BSP. Went down to he LAST game of the season. We needed 3 points to secure a playoff spot....we got a draw. Now I had to wait and see what Hayes & Yeading did in their last game, if they win, we finish 6th and out of the playoff(still a good finish since we were expected to have to fight off being relegated). Well, H&Y LOST!!!!!!!!! So, we finish 5th and in a playoff spot to possible gain back-to-back promotions. So after 2 seasons with Staly, my job is UNTOUCHABLE, as it should be. How do I do it? Easy, dump the deadwood(players not at least rated GOOD at the level I am at) and sign FREE players that are rated QUALITY at the current league level OR GOOD at least 1 level up. In fact, I got a player one loan(and then bought and signed) the is rated as QUALITY 2 levels up(nPower L1). So, onto the playoffs and hopefully another promotion. I really like this team.

Trying to get young free agents...got my scouts looking for players between 16 and 25 only.

Didn't win promotion, lost to Aldershot in the playoffs, oh well...I did get Manager of the Year though. Onto season 3, with a 40-1 shot at promotion...lol. Got rid of some deadwood, including the whole staff and brought in some VERY good players(L1 quality, according to scouts) and some good backroom guys. Hears hoping for another great season.

Well, regular season just ended....and I tied Wrex in points for the top spot...but they had a better head-to-head, so finished second...damn, I was really looking forward to the automatic promo, especially after being given 40-1 odds in pre-season. Anyway, about halfway through the season, we were sitting in 13th place(even though 3-15 were separated by 6 points) and went on a BIG unbeaten run to finish 2nd overall.....now onto the playoffs.

Well.....WELCOME TO nPOWER L2!!!!! I beat Luton 2-0 in the BSP Final at Wembley in front of 38825 fans.....I had 33396 fans for the ENTIRE SEASON at home.....stupid fans. Oh, I won my 2nd straight Manager of the Year, and I am the IDOL of my new striker that I signed after having him on loan all season, got a news article that told me this.....YEAH, I am someones idol.....

• 3 weeks later...

So, now in my fourth season in L2, finished mid-table or better the previous three. Now, what happens when you sign a really good keeper and the back 4 defenders finally gel? You go on a run of 6 games without conceding a goal. Now, I didn't win all 6, went 4-2-0, but, the defense was phenomenal during that 6 games....keeper making great saves, defenders clearing out rebounds, blocking shots, and stopping clear goals before they could cross the line. Gotta love it. Oh, and I also STOMPED all over Bury in the JPT...9-0.

Archived