43 Games Unbeaten

as a loyal terrier fan.. i just wanted to say here on the forums how proud i am of Huddersfield Town, my hometown on beating Forests 33 year record and going to 43 games unbeaten in the normal league.

My Question to you all is....

what is your longest run without a loss in FM12 post pics if you want?

ooh to be a .. ooh to be a terrier

Lee Clarkes Barmy Army

p.s know you know why Lee Clarke didnt take the Leicester job (chuckles)

Who's Lee Clarke?

played for Newcastle and Fulham went on to become Newcastles youth coach, before becoming our manager.. and bringing Terry Mcdermott ex liverpool player, Newcastle ass man to become Lee's Ass Man

@Wiltastic

feels good doesnt it dude

as a loyal terrier fan.. i just wanted to say here on the forums how proud i am of Huddersfield Town, my hometown on beating Forests 33 year record and going to 43 games unbeaten in the normal league.

My Question to you all is....

what is your longest run without a loss in FM12 post pics if you want?

ooh to be a .. ooh to be a terrier

Lee Clarkes Barmy Army

p.s know you know why Lee Clarke didnt take the Leicester job (chuckles)

Great record but forrests record is more appeling as was it not the top league they did it in.

Great record but forrests record is more appeling as was it not the top league they did it in.

Didnt Arsenal go 49 games unbeaten? Man Utd beat them in the 50th. So even if Forest's was in the top league, Arsenal still beat it.

Didnt Arsenal go 49 games unbeaten? Man Utd beat them in the 50th. So even if Forest's was in the top league, Arsenal still beat it.

Arsenal went 49 games unbeaten and went to old trafford looking to go 50. But Wayne Rooney dives from a Sol Campbell challenge that you clearly see pulls out of. Still ripping about that today!

It's a football league record, not a top flight record so I assume Notts Forest particular record wasn't in the top flight.

Still - I don't think it's as impressive record as people make out. You're still only second in the league and hardly clear of the chasing pack at the moment - plenty of draws in there. You'll lose it to Charlton ;-)

Firstly Pires didnt dive, secondly the penalty was still in the first half not the last 15 minutes

From what I remember, Dejan left a leg out (withdrawing from the tackle) and Pires deliberately altered his run to make sure he caught that leg, going over for the penalty. I suppose technically it wasn't a dive, it was probably more like cheating.

We were winning 1-0 as well :(

Ha, people are so incapable of just saying "Yeah, well done Lee Clark and Huddersfield, great achievement."

Everyone so bitter!

It's probably because Lee Clark is disgusting, and a lot of fans believe that because the play-offs don't count, it's just a joke of a run

played for Newcastle and Fulham went on to become Newcastles youth coach, before becoming our manager.. and bringing Terry Mcdermott ex liverpool player, Newcastle ass man to become Lee's Ass Man

I don't think you understood why I asked who Lee 'Clarke' is. To say you're a loyal fan, you'd think you could at least get the managers name right.

I think he's disgusting.

I'm not having a go at huddersfield, i'm having a go at the claim that it's an impressive run, when in my opinion, it isn't, because the play-offs shouldn't count, for one, and having been unbeaten, you're not exactly bossing the league?

But even before the playoffs, it was 25 games, and so far this season it's 18 games, so even taking both of those runs separately, they're impressive, even you can't deny that. Also, bear in mind that it's over the course of 2 seasons, with the majority of the run being last season. If it was say 30 games this season, then yep, we'd probably be bossing the league. Quite frankly I don't care if we boss the league or not, or even if we win the league. Promotion is promotion, however it comes about. I'd swap the unbeaten run for promotion anyway.

I think if there were more wins in there it would be impressive to be honest. Neither of those runs have given you THAT much of an edge at all. The Owls have had a few shocking results this season, and a pretty lame away record at first, and we're still only 2 behind you.

Lee Clark's a top bloke. Actually listen to him rather than judge him by the fact he chews gum more vigorously than Alex Ferguson (which DOES look disgusting and did make me hate him for a long time) but he's a very nice guy in interviews etc and shows a lot of respect to other teams, players and managers. He's doing a top job at Huddersfield and you can guarantee if the Owls had the exact same unbeaten run, with the exact same amout of draws, you would still be bigging it up.

Even if that playoff final counts..... even if it does..... is 43 games out of 44 unbeaten not impressive anyway???

He's really not a top bloke. I do listen to him, and I think he's the total opposite. He's not a nice guy in interviews and he's disrespectful.

No doubt he's doing a great job at hudds, although it will be interesting to see how he reacts to a bad spell or an injury / loss of rhodes.

A lot of our fans would be lapping up such a run, yes, but the majority would still expect more wins from such dominance and question why, over 2 years, such a run hasn't seen a promotion (obviously you're second at the minute, but there's charlton and us away to come soon)

He's really not a top bloke. I do listen to him, and I think he's the total opposite. He's not a nice guy in interviews and he's disrespectful.

No doubt he's doing a great job at hudds, although it will be interesting to see how he reacts to a bad spell or an injury / loss of rhodes.

A lot of our fans would be lapping up such a run, yes, but the majority would still expect more wins from such dominance and question why, over 2 years, such a run hasn't seen a promotion (obviously you're second at the minute, but there's charlton and us away to come soon)

Yeah, fair enough. I'm not a Huddersfield fan by the way I'm a Southampton fan :)

I fancy the Owls and Hudds to get automatic promtion this year... Charlton will soon get 'found out' for being mediocre!

yea but i was talking about it vs Huddersfields not aresnal

Well you wasnt really because you was talking about Forests being in the top league when it wasnt. All I was saying was that even if Forests was in the top league, Arsenal beat it anyway with 49.

Yeah, fair enough. I'm not a Huddersfield fan by the way I'm a Southampton fan :)

I fancy the Owls and Hudds to get automatic promtion this year... Charlton will soon get 'found out' for being mediocre!

I think I personally fancy ourselves and charlton. I think Hudds might struggle with their squad depth as the season progresses, and it will be interesting to see what offers come in for Rhodes in January. We seem to be keeping under the radar with Madine, who's only a goal or 2 behind Rhodes, and we have the depth to bring somebody else in when somebody isn't playing.

Charlton seem to have a decent depth, and have already lost Wright-Phillips early in the season if I remember, and they were still managing to pick up points so it's going to be hard to catch them.

By the way - you boys are on fire! Congrats, and I hope you get straight back to the prem. Rather you there than other clubs to be honest, never minded southampton

I'm currently on 110 games without loosing in the 1st division with Steaua Bucharest (2016-2017). After a couple of years, there is no challange anymore in the league if you buy the proper players (and I'm using only tackiller v1 tactic, without ever changing it). Last year i went 34-0-0 for the first time in any FM series - and I play from CM2 days (no realoading or crap like that).

The record for Steaua was 104 games without loosing from the 80s period. So I think it's an awesome achievement.

It's real fun at the moment. Last season I managed to get out of the Champions League groups for the first time as well after beating Inter Milan 3-0 at home. Looking forward to next couple of seasons, who knows - Champions League glory awaits :D

(and I'm using only tackiller v1 tactic, without ever changing it)

You use someone else's tactic in a managerial game (which is absurd to me) and you don't even change it for years. So basically you just click the "continue" button all the time, weird way to play a game...

I find it very hard to believe that anyone could go 100+ games unbeaten on this game without re-loading. Come on, there is always that one game where you dominate the game but can't find the net, then the AI hits you with the sucker punch goal after having 3 shots all game.

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times a season, so some people are suggesting this hasn't happened once in that length of time? No chance.

Coming from another Saints fan, which ever way you look at it Hudds are on a good run! We got REALLY lucky last season to nick 2nd ahead of them considering they didn't loose in the whole of 2011 to the end of the season! To say they never lost or maybe even only lost once in the whole of 2011 I think ANY team would accept that, any team from Hudds to Saints to Man City! Regardless of whether the Play-Off Final counts as a loss in this run it's still an excellent run

actually it is possible to go 100+ unbeaten if you are a top club in the division. Currently with Liverpool I am 134 games won in a row and 182 without losing. All this with the default 4-4-2 tactic with only changing a few bits in the team instructions.

Well you wasnt really because you was talking about Forests being in the top league when it wasnt. All I was saying was that even if Forests was in the top league, Arsenal beat it anyway with 49.

please go back and read my post man he was saying about huddersfield so i said forrests record was more impressive, and yeas it was in the top league it was called divsion 1 when forrest got the record so yea it was in the top league back then.

actually it is possible to go 100+ unbeaten if you are a top club in the division. Currently with Liverpool I am 134 games won in a row and 182 without losing. All this with the default 4-4-2 tactic with only changing a few bits in the team instructions.

FMRTE does it have it uses..........:)

please go back and read my post man he was saying about huddersfield so i said forrests record was more impressive, and yeas it was in the top league it was called divsion 1 when forrest got the record so yea it was in the top league back then.

Please go back and read my post, my original post said Arsenal beat Forests record anyway. You said Forests was better because it was in the top league. Yes it was, but Arsenals was better than that. Not sure why your arguing really?

Please go back and read my post, my original post said Arsenal beat Forests record anyway. You said Forests was better because it was in the top league. Yes it was, but Arsenals was better than that. Not sure why your arguing really?

again you go back and read mate, you replied my comment saying forrests record is a bigger achievement than huddersfields, because it was done in the top league at the time, you then replied abnout aresnal its true its a better record again my point was not saying forrest have the best record it was me saying compared to huddersfield then forrests is something better because it was done in a harder league.

i was not saying ever that it was better than aresnal i said huddersfield mate

Coming from another Saints fan, which ever way you look at it Hudds are on a good run! We got REALLY lucky last season to nick 2nd ahead of them considering they didn't loose in the whole of 2011 to the end of the season! To say they never lost or maybe even only lost once in the whole of 2011 I think ANY team would accept that, any team from Hudds to Saints to Man City! Regardless of whether the Play-Off Final counts as a loss in this run it's still an excellent run

You finished ahead of them because they sat on draws a lot.

2 wins and a loss = 6 points, 1 win and 2 draws = 5 points.

Archived