Will we ever have regens who are not onefooted?

This is something that has been bothering me a lot throughout the last many incarnations of Football Manager. For some reasons all regens seem to be either weak or very weak with their bad foot. First of all it's basically inaccurate that after 15 years of gametime only 5% (rough estimate) of the players are able to use their weak foot, secondly it's hugely annoying as a manager, since for certain positions on the field or squad depth, having somewhat twofooted players is if not necessary, then quite nice, so far in FM2012 I have however not been able to locate a single useful regen with reasonable or above for his weak foot.

Is anybody else annoyed by this? And does anybody know why this hasn't been fixed so many version of the game? Logic says it's should be fairly easy.

I have a whole lot of "right" or "left" regens, however if you check positions you'll see that they are all "weak" with their weaker foot, and you'll also find a few regens who listed as "either". Problem is the middle area of fairly strong/weak, which probably constitutes the the majority of players at the start of the game, seems to be entirely left out when it comes to regens.

I don't think it's coincidence, as it's something I've noticed it in both FM2011 and FML, think there was a post or two about it in the FML forums. Anyways I guess I'll have to do a bit of statistics about it to find out whether it's coincidental or a general problem.

9 of my first team have a reasonable/very strong combination

2 of my first team have a very weak/very strong combination

2 of my first team have a fairly strong/very strong combination

3 of my first team have a strong/very strong combination

The other 7 have weak/very strong combinations

In my current main game, I have 15 regens around my first team, none better than weak with their bad foot, but that is very anecdotal.

Trying to set up lists of regens and non regens to compare the two, but sorting/filtering for strength with a particular foot seems difficult in game, may have to download a scout program.

• 2 months later...

Archived