Quick question regarding Man City's transfer budgets

My brother is playing a network game with his mate and he wants to know whether his mate has found a loophole in the game.

Is it realistic for City to have £218m to spend in the summer of 2012 and in January 2013, bearing in mind that he's spent all but 5m in the first season?

Don't know if it is really realistic, but if one club in the game should have ridiculous budgets it should be City with their oil money and recent spending spree (in the past years).

I do know that City have a 'sugar daddy' set in the game's database; I believe they have the most supportive type; one who keeps pumping money in the club...

Man City have a chairman which is a chairman who will pump money into the club regardless iirc(Can't remember the correct term?). If your brothers' mate got £60m to spend in 2012 then in theory he could spend £240m with 48 month transfer payment method. In January, if he was overachieving, then he could get a chance to reassess his expectations and choose a bigger budget. Personally, I don't think your brothers' mate is cheating. However, there is a way for him to check and that is if your brothers' mate provides a screenshot of his transfer clauses page. If he does this and he's paying loads of clauses of deals he's just made over 48 months, then it's fair to say he's not cheated :thup:.

Manchester City have billions due to their owners who since buying the club in 2008 have spent over £400million on players.

In my opinion, they shouldn't have a transfer budget as they have limitless (well, the limit is the owners bank balance which is billions and billions), amounts of money to spend.

Archived