Please include this in fm 2013

So, the last couple of years i have tried to get this feature in the game, but apparently no one is listening. And yet again this year, it has already annoyed me too much not to post this.

When you have already signed a contract with a player on bosman, why can't i try to buy him already?

Ex.: I am playing with FC Copenhagen. July 2011: I have 2 almost equally good keepers in my squad. I sign with swedish goalkeeper Viktor Norling on bosman for January 2012. 5 days before the transfer window closes in August 2011, my 2nd keeper is unhappy, takes a chat with me, and as i refuse to sell him he goes mad. I get a fair offer for him, and sell him. But now i am 1 keeper down, and my 2nd keeper is *****. Now, i should be able to go to Viktor Norlings profile, press on a button called: "Negotiate here-and-now-transfer" with his club - and buy him for a cheap fee. He is leaving their club already, and they can score some cheap cash on selling him.

I find it absolutely rediculess that this option is left out of FM 2012...!!! Please make it happen in next years FM guys!!!

Is it just me????

I'm afraid it is just you. Whilst the the theory is there, it rarely ever happens in real life. If you lose your player 5 days before because you've sold him, and you sign the other guy 3 days before the transfer window, who does the other club by. There is so little time to find a suitable replacement. Most clubs in real life would prefer to lose a player for free if he will not sign a new contract and if that player is key.

Gary Cahill is a prime example of this.

Getting all diplomatic-like then, it could possibly appear in the game but the club in question can choose to reject the offer as they really need the player or accept. I know I'd appreciate it when I try to sell a player in January whose contract expires at the end of the season but he's rotting in my reserves (who don't play games because there's no reserve league in Scotland) and clubs just offer a contract to sign him in summer for free, even when I offer him for nothing.

I figure there's no harm in including this. It'd be a useful little thing to have. TBH I didn't know it was possible till I saw it happen with Bedoya at Rangers.

instead of buying him that way, you should of done it the normal way like yo do with the other players, so you only have yourself to blame. You should of just bought him outright instead of trying to save some money and buying him for free and having to wait 12 months. You could still cancel the contract/deal and do it the proper way

You could still cancel the contract/deal and do it the proper way

This hasn't been possible for a few years. You used to be able to pull out of done deals but they're unbreakable once you hit that confirm button now. This is why you should never play FM drunk. :)

• 4 months later...

I love Football Manager games and i play them since CM Italy 90's game. As i think the graphics engine is too poor for now i still play this game with "commentary only" and that's where i think the game needs to improve, the in game commentary with much more variety of comments. The rest i think the game is going the right way, just don't give too much time to those kids who would like this game to become "The Sims Football Manager" or "Football Manager Car Park Tycoon", keep the game simple and addicted as it was since the first one. Cheers.

• SI Staff
well thats buying him out of his remaining days /months on his contract.. its not a normal occurance

It's not. The selling club still have to agree to sell the player. They could decide to keep him if they think it will be more worthwhile. Or take what money is on offer. It's the buying club saying they are taking him for nothing when his contract expires. How about we give you x amount of money and we sign him now.

It probably happens a lot more than you think but it's probably done through negotiations with the club rather than the player signing a pre-contract first. The same sort of thing happened when Rangers signed Kris Boyd. He wasn't going to sign a new deal at Kilmarnock but Rangers paid £400K for him before he got the chance to sign a pre-contract which probably would have happened if Kilmarnock refused to sell.

This hasn't been possible for a few years. You used to be able to pull out of done deals but they're unbreakable once you hit that confirm button now. This is why you should never play FM drunk. :)

Haha, I've done this a few times myself and forgotton I've bought someone.

Archived