Can someone give me a rundown on Brazil leagues?

I'm currently managing Santo Andre, started unemployed that's the team that picked me, they were 3rd division. I'm in 2015. I'm still confused on how it all works lol. Well not really, I'm getting to grips with it.

I've been promoted to Division 1, and finished 2nd. I'm going to play in Copa Libertadores - I understand this is the equivalent of the Champions League?

I already won the Copa Sudamericana - which I think is the equivalent of the UEFA cup? Is that right?

What's confusing me is the State Divisions? I know I play in Sao Paulo State Championships.

Well really - if I was to move club within Brazil - would it be worth while going to another State? Top club there? Is there a difference?

And if anyone has played in South America - how long before I get out of this hell hole lol. It's 2015 and I don't think I'm considered good enough to get picked up by a top team, either in Brazil, Argentina, or in Europe, especially Europe...

My current Rep is "Continental".

Finally... I've been trying to find the Stadium on Google Maps - and I can't... so if anyone has any links or something? I'd like to do Google Street View around the stadium, out of curiosity.

Well Sao Paulo State Championships are considered as one of two the best one in Brazil, so if you are already in Copa Libertadores which u understand good it is same as Champions League in Europe then there is no point to change a club for another Brazilian one or Argentinian, did you consider taking a Brazil National team? Maybe you can build up your reputation there for one year and then skip to Europe....

Cool. Thanks for that. The stadium looks amazing! I was just curious to see it lol.

So I'm doing quite well in First Division, and I do ok in the State Championships, so no real point in moving on anywhere in Brazil.

What other countries in South America have good leagues, and who would be considered some of the better teams outside Brazil and Argentina, say in Valenzuela, Peru, Paraguay, Colombia, Uruguay, etc?

If you're playing in Brazil, do you ever get a job offer in Europe? What rep etc. would you need?

Not that I'm desperate to leave or anything. But I only started unemployed for a bit of fun, with the intention of working my way up in Europe eventually.

Well I am not playing mine FM2012, coz I am getting crashes all over, but in 2011, after 4years managing club called Figueirense I have once won Championship of Serie A, than changed the club for Flamengo and after 1 year when I won Copa Libertadores I got an offer from Valencia.

There are no better clubs in South America then those in Brazil, you can actually try to change your club to one of : F.C Sao Paolo, Flamengo, Corinthians, Fluminense, Santos, Gremio or Internacional, because I bet they still have bigger reputation then your Santo Andre which isn't famous in Brazil.

Actually 2nd best club in South America is Penarol from Uruguay.

Cool. I never heard of Penarol. That is interesting.

I don't think I'll win Copa Libertadores at all, but hope it bumps up my rep. I hope to be in Europe by 2020 at least. This stint in Brazil is interesting though.

Ha ha. Yeh. It's fun here in Brazil. I've enjoyed building the team up. I started off with like 1000 people coming to games. I'm up to about 6,000 in league games and for Copa Liberatores matches I can get in about 10,000. Delighted I filled out the Stadium for the Sudamericana cup final over 2 legs. It was great it was played in the finalists Stadiums, which I wasn't expecting, I was expecting a neutral ground.

It's mad down here. I tried to strengthen my team in the leauge. I bought 5 players. And they were all ineligible. I was going mad and didn't know why. Turns out if they have played 7 or more games in that division they can't play for another team. So I had to wait until the State championships to use them. DOH.

I know now.

Speaking of River. Beating them 2-0 right now! They were Finalists in Sudamerica last year with me. It was a nailbiting game! I'll upload the highlights my team was AWESOME in the final (or perhaps it was the semi final?)

Archived