One Welshman(A few pints and sleepless nights) V The World

Welsh Wizard

Welcome to my first Career thread.

With the add/remove leagues option I think it has made my very average laptop able to attempt this.

The Initial loaded leagues are somewhat based on rep but will likely add a few more Scandinavia and Central and Eastern Europe leagues in the first add. No England as of yet as spent quite a bit of time there already so fancy a change.

Even with the aims I won't be jumping clubs at every chance but stick with ones if I have a soft spot or want to achieve a certain goal.

Game version: FM12 - latest patch

Database: Large

Initial Loaded nations (All down to the lowest leagues)

Wales

Hong Kong (China PR)

India

Indonesia

Ireland

Malaysia

Northern Ireland

Scotland

Singapore

South Africa

Sweden

Starting in Wales(June 2011) with Sunday League rep and Unemployed. The Aims may be declivitous but I like to aim high.

Initial Manager Profile

3F2671D3B2DC423BC55A56C2C1AE73A56CE7DB28

The Aims

• Win a trophy in every nation.
  • Win the Champions League of every continent.
  • Win the World Cup.
  • Try many different tatical approches(Based on players I have, nation I'm in or Club I'm managing)
  • Hopfully meet interesting Clubs and Players.
  • Enjoy It!

Career overview/achievements etc.:

[color="#FFFFFF"]Season       Club          |  League          |  Country      | Position      |        Achievements                    |
---------------------------|------------------|---------------|---------------|----------------------------------------|
2011/12       TNS          |  Prem            |  Wales        | 1st           |Welsh Cup Winners, Manager of the Year  |
2012       Dongjin         |  First Division  |  China        | N/A           |Resigned after 5 days                   |
2012       Wexford         |  First Division  |  Ireland      | 9th           |Resigned after 5 wins out of 7          |
2012/13    Glentoran       |  Prem            |  N.Ireland    | N/A           |[/color]

International:

Season          |  Country          |        Achievements         |
----------------|-------------------|-----------------------------|
2011/12         | China U23         |  Made Olympics

Job Hunt

1st Day of my Career and time to get to work so told my agent to apply to every job he could which included India and Brunei youth and senior international sides, 1 in Scotland, 2 in Northen Ireland and Sweden, 3 in Malaysia, 4 in South Africa, 5 Asian Olympic Nations ,24 in indonesia :o (Total 39)

1st Job Offers

All but one from Indonesia which was Johor MBJB from Malaysia. Other Teams in Scotland, Northen Ireland, Sweden and Indonesia rejected me. Johor MBJB, PSSB and Mojokerto Putra were delayed for a week while the rest were rejected.

Next day a few more offers with Dynamos and United FC from South Africa and Pro Titan FC in Indonesia delayed. Was also offered three U23 Olympics jobs with China, Indonesia and Malaysia. China was accepted which made the other offers I delayed get withdrawn to my suprise. But a few days later after the last manager of TNS resigned after taking the Wales under 19 job I was quickly linked to job before being offered the job a few days later.

tnsstepdown.jpg

tnsz.jpg

400px-The_New_Saints_FC_Logo.svg.png

Club History

The club was formed as Llansantffraid F.C. to represent the tiny border village of Llansantffraid-ym-Mechain (population: 1,000) in 1959, and played at the Recreation Ground.

In 1996, Llansantffraid won the Welsh Cup and qualified for the first time for the European Cup Winners' Cup. At this time a local computer company, Total Network Solutions of Oswestry, arranged a £250,000 sponsorship deal which involved incorporating the company name into the club name. As Total Network Solutions Llansantffraid F.C. they met the Polish cup winners Ruch Chorzów and earned a 1–1 draw at home before losing 0–5 in Poland. Since then they have qualified for European competition several times. The club's European home games are generally played at either Newtown's or Wrexham's stadium as their old Recreation Ground was far below UEFA's standards (though for their 2003 meeting with Manchester City, they played their home game at the 72,000-seat Millennium Stadium in Cardiff).

In 1997 the club's name was changed to Total Network Solutions F.C., being the first instance in the United Kingdom of a football club renaming itself after its sponsor's name only.

In the summer of 2003 a merger with their financially-weak neighbours, Oswestry Town (who, despite being from England, also played in Wales), was approved by Oswestry's shareholders despite not all shareholders being aware of a meeting. It was also approved by the Football Association of Wales (FAW) and was eventually ratified on 14 August 2003 by UEFA (who initially objected to two clubs from different governing bodies merging).

In early 2006 the club's sponsor, Total Network Solutions, was taken over by British Telecom, as a result of which the sponsorship arrangement lapsed at the end of the 2005/06 season and it became necessary to find a new name for the club. After a trawl for naming ideas, including an attempt to sell the naming rights on eBay, the name "The New Saints" was agreed upon as appropriate to the clubs' history — Llansantffraid was always known as "The Saints", while Oswestry had strong connections with Saint Oswald, while handily retaining the initials "TNS". A new club badge was also developed at the same time, featuring a dragon to represent Llansantffraid and a lion representing Oswestry.

Club Infomation

73091003732E67BDF14025EB98AA4C80BBD308DC

Facilities

87200D5F0C29E809C1D3D0C7FB1D4B42F88DDDA2

Team Report

A7CCB13463FEF3F62823AEE90B7609E506492F52

Euro Qualifiers & Pre-Season Update

Transfers

ED0BFD4B852F8957A8B8E437A1D1A2A70B2F7DB3

Tamás Kondor

Jean-Philippe Caillet

Luan Rizani

Ben Thatcher

Patrick Patton

Andrew Hageman

Yüksel Sariyar

Gareth Williams

Ivo Enmalm

Peter Ndlovu

Robert Eshun

Anthony Bolger

Results

Competition 	              Opposition 	Venue 	Result 	Goal Scorers
EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 1 	Trans 	         H 	3 - 1 	Greg Draper, Robert Eshun(2).
EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 2 	Trans 	         A 	1 - 1 	Jean-Philippe Caillet.
EURO Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1 	Thun 	         A 	1 - 2 	Robert Eshun.
EURO Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 2 	Thun 	         H 	0 - 2 	None
Friendly 	               Rhayader 	 A 	4 - 1 	Glen Allen o.g, Andrew Hageman, Steve Evans, Peter Ndlovu.
Friendly 	               Wycombe 	         H 	2 - 3 	Matty Williams, Greg Draper.
Friendly 	               Watford 	         H 	1 - 0 	Anthony Bolger.

Came through vs Estonia side Trans which was tight. Thun dominated and should of had more in both legs

Unlucky vs Wycombe but dominated vs Watford

0B7F5FF4BA3E970F0C410F074AA5B3FCD0AD7A60

August 2011 Update

Competition 	                Opposition 	Venue 	Result 	Goal Scorers
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Bala 	        H 	3 - 1 	Chris Williams, Anthony Bolger, Robert Eshun.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Port Talbot 	A 	4 - 0 	Ben Thatcher, Robert Eshun, John Wright, Andrew Hageman.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Prestatyn 	H 	4 - 0 	Yüksel Sariyar, Anthony Bolger(3).

Great Month winning our first 3 league games. High scoring and only let one in. Everyone chipping in with the goals. Having double the ammount of shots and more on target then the opposition has in total. Prestatyn was a game we dominated and should of scored more tbh. 19 shots 11 on target 7 CC to there 1 shot from distance which was off target.

China U23 Update

Fixtures

Competition 	                        Opposition 	       Venue 	Result 	Goal Scorers
Olympic Quals (ASI) 2nd Rnd Leg 1 	Malaysia Under 23s 	A 	4 - 1 	Cao Yunding, Wang Gang, Yin Hongbo(2).
Olympic Quals (ASI) 2nd Rnd Leg 2 	Malaysia Under 23s 	H 	3 - 0 	Yang Xu(2), Lü Wenjun.

The main squad was called up which limited some of the best players I could call up but managed to get through quite comfortably. Won't make the same mistake next time.

After the win in the 2nd Round we now go in to the group which I would expect to be a straight fight between us and South Korea to get to the olympics.

chinafixtures.jpg

September 2011 Update

Competition 	                Opposition 	Venue 	Result 	Goal Scorers
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Bangor City 	A 	3 - 0 	Anthony Bolger(3).
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Llanelli 	A 	2 - 1 	Scott Ruscoe, Peter Ndlovu.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Afan Lido 	H 	7 - 0 	Jean-Philippe Caillet, Robert Eshun(3), Ivo Enmalm, Luan Rizani, Anthony Bolger.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Neath 	        H 	2 - 1 	Peter Ndlovu, Robert Eshun.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Airbus 	        A 	1 - 0 	Jean-Philippe Caillet.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	Aberystwyth 	H 	2 - 0 	Anthony Bolger, Luan Rizani.

A month of harder tests but we came through them. Did expect a harder challenge off Bangor but 2 early goals seem to put the match out of sight. It wasn't as close as the score seems vs Llanelli and we should of had more. Vs Afan Lido we took most of our chances and we dominated. vs Neath and Airbus really should of been home and dry a lot earlier but just didn't take chances.

October 2011 Update

Competition 	                 Opposition 	Venue 	Result 	Goal Scorers
Loosemores League Cup 1st Rnd 	 Llanelli 	A 	3 - 1 	Greg Draper, Luan Rizani, Ivo Enmalm.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	 Bala 	        A 	1 - 0 	Jean-Philippe Caillet.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	 Carmarthen 	H 	4 - 1 	Jean-Philippe Caillet(2), John Wright(2).
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	 Port Talbot 	H 	4 - 1 	Gareth Williams, Jean-Philippe Caillet(2), Chris Williams.
Loosemores League Cup Qtr Final  Newtown 	H 	1 - 0 	Chris Williams.
Corbett Sports Welsh Prem 	 Prestatyn 	A 	3 - 1 	Scott Ruscoe, Ian Storan o.g, Ivo Enmalm.

Llanelli was a funny game with us only having 1 shot in the first 90 mins which was our goal but in extra time we were like a different team and dominated. In 1-0s vs Bala and Newtown we should of had more. Injuries have hit us hard with Eshun out for 6/7 months, Draper for 5/7 weeks and Chris Williams out for 2 months so struggling to play any forwards.

Not really as explained spent most of my time in the english leagues so didn't want to take a job there yet so might as well take them out and add them when it may tempt me.

I wasn't thinking along those lines, more of the balance of players in the UK & Ireland region as your game progresses.

I wasn't thinking along those lines, more of the balance of players in the UK & Ireland region as your game progresses.

Doubt it will have much impact as likely add in a season or 2 but never really cross my mind so thanks for rasing it up.

Your doing brilliantly so far with TNS and best of luck in the qualifiers with China u23!

Thanks

I've Learnt Chinese :lol:

November 2011 Update

resultsjm.jpg

"November Rain" and as the song goes "Nothing last forever"

Our form took a nose dive and I can't believe some of the results.

Month started off bad with a loss to Llanelli which we should of won but we ended lossing 2-0. Good win in the Welsh Cup but Wrexham up next.

After a 2-0 win in the first semi with a tired squad I fought the final here we come but I was shock to see Carmarthen all over us and even a late show from us could not stop them getting the 3 goals they needed. Rest we were lucky to get draws and deserved the losses. Hopefully we can turn it around next month.

December 2011 Update

A month of change on and off the pitch. Needed some wages so Eshun was released due to him being out for a while and retiring at end of season due to injury Ndlova is getting on and also released as seen better option(Danso).

Erixon Danso - Ndlova replacement and the ex Ajax and Utrecht youngster will improve the squad loads.

Anderson Luiz - Adds the Brazilian flair to the strike force and much needed ST due to injuries

Have a few more joining in Jan and they will be in that update.

resultsex.jpg

Only 3 games this month which help the squad keep fit. The results we very welcomed and we upped our game even after we had a bad team meeting. Hopefully we can keep this form when the league splits.

January 2012 Update

Khalilou Fadiga - You may remember him from his short spell at Bolton. Getting on a bit but I hope he can still offer something

Sean Thornton - A signing a few times I've made when in Wales, on different installments of FM hopefully he can produce like he normally does

Ronny - Hopefully adds a bit of steel to the mid likely be used to see out games. Lack of strength and Bravery are a worry.

Just the two games. Vs Newtown the last league game before the split and we won quite easily again. A shock win vs Wrexham in the Welsh Cup. We came back from a early goal they had more shots and 2 CC to 0 for us.

resultsb.jpg

With there only a few games left each month I'll post them all together in a final month update.

I'll post the table and say we are in the semis of the Welsh Cup. Regarding China U23s I'll do an end of group update when thats done and dusted.

Seems China U23s chose there own selection :mad: as my players keep going and new ones are selected by the next match without a selection/call-up very annoying. Anyone else seen this when managing an olympic side or is it a bug?

400px-The_New_Saints_FC_Logo.svg.png

TNS 2011/12 End of Season Report

Table

League Stats

Squad

Finances

Won the league quite easily especially after making changes in Dec/Jan. Loads of goals in the team and solid with only conceding 25.

Finances not looking so good a run in euro would help them but wether how TNS is currently and with a few players leaving getting past the first round would be a challenge.

Welsh Cup Final

Great run in the cup and great wins over teams based in English Leagues(Wrexham and Newport)

Key Players

Jean-Philippe Caillet

Anderson Luiz

manageroftheyear.jpg

Season       Club          |  League          |  Country      | Position      |        Achievements         |
---------------------------|------------------|---------------|---------------|-----------------------------|
2011/12       TNS          |  Prem            |  Wales        | 1st           |       Welsh Cup Winners     |

TNS did ofter me a new 1 year deal but I decided to reject it and look to manage somewhere with more divisions likely Northen Ireland/Ireland/Scotland.

After just one game in charge I feel I can't stop the rot at Dongjin with morale at an all time low and key players out for most of the season and transfer window closed to stop the chance of getting any reinforcements I've decided to apply for something close to home and the board has given me an Ultimatum which I decided to resign after only 5 days in the job.

39E628C4AC36CB711CB803A57E9ABED7F9E82B5C

Just edged it vs NZ

Brazil were just too strong with Neymar, Ganso, Pato etc

Needed to win v Belarus but they got the first goal early end half which forced me to go more attacking which did work as we got the equaliser. 57th they regained the lead and we went all out attack which left us very open for them to score a 3rd in the 94th min just to rub salt in. Had chances on another we might of snatched a win but they deserved it that day.

156640.png

wexford.jpg

Taken the job quickly after a short time without a job and closer to home in Ireland.

Club Info

Facilities

Team Report

League Table

Training Facilities are fantastic. Currently 10th with 13 games left. Short term aim is to maintain position and hopefully climb a few spots. Long term aim to bring success but by playing an attractive brand of football taking influence from Barcelona. Going to be a tough task at at this level.

Another short stint at a club. Resigned after a big job in Northen Ireland became open. It will enable me to attempt to carry out my plans more easily.

1282.png

Glentoran F.C. is a semi-professional, football club in Northern Ireland. The club was founded in 1882 and plays its home games at the Oval in east Belfast. Club colours are green, red, and black.

Glentoran's biggest rivals are Linfield. Linfield and Glentoran are nicknamed Belfast's Big Two, as they have traditionally dominated local football in Northern Ireland since the demise of Belfast Celtic. Glentoran have other rivalries with two of the North Belfast clubs, Crusaders F.C. and Cliftonville F.C.. Portadown F.C. are also great rivals of The Glens.

Team info

After a disapointing 9th finish last season they are currently find themselfs 10th I hopefully can get them back where they belong and challenge Linfield for titles.

Archived