[FM12] Working for Peanuts

Todorojoz

Working for Peanuts

I have decided to post my new Football Manager career. I don't have any real goals other than to just enjoy the ride and win as many trophies along the way as I can. Let me introduce myself to the forum.

I really like to play in the LLM way, and always have, even before I knew about there actually being an LLM group. I always start as low as I can in the Football pyramid and attempt to work my way up. Nearly all of my Football Manager Expirience comes from playing in the "Home Nations" and Ireland. Probably about 95% of all my saves have started in the Blue Square North/South with some of the weaker teams. I decided I wanted a change and upon noticing this forum I have seen some great saves with people just jumping all over the world. It inspired me to try something similar, so I will be starting in the United States with a local team and from there I will build my career. I don't feel it is realistic for me to galivant off to England with no prior expirience and just get a job managing a team there... that I why I am using the FM Updates USA Expansion and starting in the 4th Tier of the USA.

The Nations:

North America

United States

Mexico

South America

None Yet

Europe

None Yet

I will be adding in leagues as I feel I have enough expirience to move on to other parts of the world. I am starting with Only the USA and Mexico for 2 reasons. 1 I wouldnt be able to find a job outside the USA to begin, and 2 It will make the game move quicker during the first couple seasons while I try and make a name for myself. So you will see some changes as I "Hopefully" improve my standing in the world of Football Management.

72000220.png

Ogden Outlaws

The Ogden Outlaws are an Amateur Club located in Ogden, Utah in the United States. They play in the Southwest Division of the PDL or Premier Development League, which is in the 4th Tier of the USA Pyramid. They were founded in 2006 the year after Local Major League Soccer team Real Salt Lake were formed. The Team has performed at a mid-table level in their division since their creation having their best finish in 2007 were they came in 3rd. The team has everything you would expect from an Amateur team. No corporate facilities, and everything they do have is fairly basic or worse. Heck they aren't even paying me to manage the team! We play our home games at a local High School American Football stadium that fills up better for the talentless High School team more than it does for us. Since we don't own the stadium we are paying 15% of all ticket sales to the School District, which I suppose isn't too bad a deal. We have played in 4 different local High School fields over the past 4 years, so it isn't going to be a long term home for the team...

The Premier Development League is just that the league was made to develop soccer talent in the United States. As such we have rules that state we must have at least 3 Under 23 players in the starting 11. And most teams rarely have players over that age anyways as travel and other obsticals make it more difficult for people to have a career outside of playing amatuer Soccer. We are also limited to no more than 26 players and no more than 8 foreign players, not that anyone is going to fly to the USA to play for free infront of a crowd of a couple hundred people on a good day.

Since there is no Promotion or Relegation in the United States the only way I am going to get anywhere in the football world is to get this team playing at a high level so that higher reputation teams come looking for me. We do have something to play for though. The top 2 teams from our Division get to play in the PDL playoffs against the top teams from the other 9 Divisions. As well as a chance to get into the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who has read this thread so far, I appologize. I have decided to restart this in a more realistic way when I found out that a United States Expansion was being made. It has now been released, so I am taking a local team in the USA to start my career. I do hope to make a small name for myself in the United States first, and then hopefully get a chance to move on to either Europe or South America from there. I will still use this same thread, and have updated the first 2 posts. I'm pretty excited about this and hope that some of you will be interested in seeing a career take off from the amatuer level of the United States!

Archived