"he didnt gain anything substantial under the tutelage of"

Every time I have tutored someone in this FM12, after it ive always had the message, blah blah has admitted he didnt gain anything substantial under the tutelage of blah blah. Is this always the case? A bug?

Their stats have seemed to raise under the time spend together as well, so its wierd this is always the response when completed.

Mate I've had times where players attributes have increased and a player's personality has improved to something like "fairly professional", and then I get a message saying that the youngster couldn't work with his tutor because of the sheer differences in their personalities.....

So basically this youngster hates his tutor for improving his attributes and changing his personality for the better. Huh.

OK, I just reached early January and all six of my tutoring relationships ended with "gained little" and dislike between the tutor/tutored despite major CA boosts and personality changes.

So has anyone playing FM12 seen a tutoring relationship end positively?

OK, I just reached early January and all six of my tutoring relationships ended with "gained little" and dislike between the tutor/tutored despite major CA boosts and personality changes.

So has anyone playing FM12 seen a tutoring relationship end positively?

I have 6 underway. One ended like you said but there wasnt a dislike. However since the players im tutoring have bad personalities in the first place, im not overly suprised yet. Will be keeping an eye on it though

I have 6 underway. One ended like you said but there wasnt a dislike. However since the players im tutoring have bad personalities in the first place, im not overly suprised yet. Will be keeping an eye on it though

"Gained little" actually produces a minor negative relationship (not as severe as a "difference of personality" but still slightly disrupting team cohesion) which is why I'm a bit concerned about this.

"Gained little" actually produces a minor negative relationship (not as severe as a "difference of personality" but still slightly disrupting team cohesion) which is why I'm a bit concerned about this.

Interesting, never realised. Never saw enough of an impact on the squad with that tbh, but will keep that in mind

OK, I've done multiple holiday tests with two different teams and I have yet to get anything but "Gained Little" and disappointed players despite, in some cases, double digit CA increases and major personality changes.

You find anything different, madsheep?

OK, I've done multiple holiday tests with two different teams and I have yet to get anything but "Gained Little" and disappointed players despite, in some cases, double digit CA increases and major personality changes.

You find anything different, madsheep?

still tutoring. but your findings are worth posting in the bug section imo. At very least, if it isnt a bug you'll get some answer as to why you're getting that. But will update as soon as i am done

I think this is definitely a bug. The increases seem fine, but the amount of times that the personalities clash is unrealistic in my opinion. Most top level clubs have good squad harmony, and it should be very rare cases where the individuals didn't get on very well and ended up as least favourite personnel.

Like I say though - the increases seem fine, it's just the ending of them that strikes as negative far too often.

Hand of God, to update, 4 have finished. 3 have "gained little" but the other has benefitted. However, of the 3 that gained little, 2 had poor personalities to start with (one had a particularly poor one) and the the third didnt particularly want to be tutored and had to be persuaded. the 4th had a decent personality to start with. So overall my small test is inconclusive, but yours seems to point to an issue. Quick question, what there personalities like of the players who gained little, before tutoring? Where there massive differences between them and the tutor?

I have given up the 'tutelage' option because it turns out with bad feelings, resentment, etc. when you try to start it off. Extremely rarely get a happy ending, so under the law of 'diminishing returns' I just never offer tutelage.

I also never try to congratulate players' performance under the 'recent form' option. Same reason, 90% of the time they give you the 'we have a different idea of quality'. Life's too short; I no longer use this option.

I saw a thread posted for fm10 by StormenDK which suggested that the message which came up related to how many ppm's were gained rather than any attributes gains or personality change. ie they could gain massive determination or professional attibute change but end up with gains little due to not getting any ppms.

He also did tests on various personalities to see which were better for tutoring, it propably still applies.

I saw a thread posted for fm10 by StormenDK which suggested that the message which came up related to how many ppm's were rather than any attributes gains or personality change. ie they could gain massive determination or professional attibute change but end up with gains little due to not getting any ppms.

He also did tests on various personalities to see which were better for tutoring, it propably still applies.

In FM11, I got about an even number of "delighted, "picked up a little bit of the mental aspect" and "gained little" messages using many of the same tutoring relationships I tried in FM12, so there's definitely something a tad amiss.

Anyway, SI say the issue is under review now.

I'm into my second season, and have been mentoring players religiously. Apart from a couple who refused (and were subsequently drummed out of the club), I'd say about 90% of my tutees have reported back 'gained little'. Especially irritating since I did make the effort to match similar personalities. In every case though, every single tutee has seen their determination equal that of their mentor, which in some cases has equated to a jump of 4 points.

Currently tutoring a promising CB who has excellent defensive stats, but shocking determination. He has jumped from 8 to 10 so far, with a mentor at 19. Will see how this one goes.

Like other posters, I cant make sense of the contradiction of a player saying he gained little, while his determination hits the roof. Are there any other stats (besides the invisibile ones such as professionalism) that mentoring effects directly? Ive now got most of my good 18-21 year olds up to a minimum 17 determination, so at the moment there seems little point in mentoring them further as they've matched the determination of their best possible mentors, unless other mental stats could be effected.

Also a bit miffed with who my mentors can work with. Ive got Mascherano in my squad, who is world class, has 19 determination and generally awesome mental stats, and yet in the list of mentoring options, not one of my other DMC's appear as an option, even though, whilst good players, they have determination ratings between 14 and 17, and are aged no more than 22. Surely Masch is sufficiently good to mentor those...??

Archived