Question - not a moan?

Correct me if im wrong but in the game there is no way back to manage a club you have resigned from/been sacked although i have been led to believe that if you let you contract run down and leave you can one day control that club again?

I apologise if im wrong about that and ignore the rest.

In my current save (November 2023) Alan Shearer has just been appointed Blackburn manager for a THIRD time. His first spell was July 2016 to May 2019 where he was sacked. Then Decembe 2020 to March 2022 where he left to manage Everton. Now we are November 2023 and he has been re-appointed.

This made me look into a few more managers history and could not really find that much more until i came across Carlo Ancelotti. He does nothing in my save until 2014 and here is how he has managed in the last 9 years:

July 2014 - July 2016 - Italy manager (resigned)

July 2016 - October 2017 - England manager (sacked)

October 2017 - July 2018 - Italy manager (resigned)

July 2018 - July 2020 - England manager (resigned)

July 2020 - July 2022 - Italy manager (resigned)

July 2022 - PRESENT - England manager.

Going back slightly if any of you have read a previous post of mine about my career you will know i did a great job at Huddersfield. Three years after leaving i had just resigned from Championship side Derby and re-applied for the Huddersfield role, only to be laughed at. Would a League One side really laugh at the chance to take back a successful former boss who managed the cash flow brilliantly, created a good young side and won the League Cup as a League One side....

Am going to look a bit deeper into the appointments of managers to see if i can find anymore Shearer-esc. As i say this is not a moan but if my thinking is correct then i find it disappointing that its one thing for AI and one for me.

Cheers.

Well my game must have read my OP because now, Dec 2024, i find my unemployed - up comes the Huddersfield job, i apply expecting for them to laugh at me again, but no, not this time. I am now back as Huddersfield manager. So 7 years after packing up my office for the lights of Premier League im back and ready to finish the job i started.

Yeah the stuff i read from FM11 was if you resigned or moved to another club there was no way back. The only way is if you leave after running down your contract.

Well between Ancelotti and Mancini England have won 1 world cup so not all bad. Add that to Germany sinking to 31st in thw world everyone is a winner!!

Yeah the stuff i read from FM11 was if you resigned or moved to another club there was no way back. The only way is if you leave after running down your contract.

Here is me resigning with three years left on my contract and here is me being approached to rejoin them (which I did). It may not be common, but it did happen.

Archived