Buying a Netbook

Pretty sure you'll struggle to get FM12 playing on a netbook I know a few do it with different skins etc, but it won't run that quickly or be able to play decent graphics on the match engine etc. Hopefully some other people will be able to help more, but I wanted a portable lightweight laptop/netbook so bought myself a macbook air which does the job and plays FM12 better than any of my previous computers and my iMac does! :)

It all depends. Have a look at the Lenovo X series of subnotebooks. The X120 is really nice size but comes with a screen big enough for standard Football Manager resolution. No need for special skins. I got the older model with a single core and I run a little game of 3 leagues. It even does the 3D match engine fairly well but I prefer to look at the 2D one. If you opt for the dual core version you should be able to run all the league pyramide of England without troubles. Maybe even more. With the new feauture of changing countries "on the fly" its kinda feasible to have a good game running on a subnotebook.

Archived