Player past peak

Why am I being told throughout the season that one of my players is past his peak? There's no suggestion to do anything about it (obviously), and I heard the first time I was told. He's not a regular starter but a handy player nonetheless and I don't need to be told every month!

I like being told if players are getting past it. You surely aren't suggesting you get the advice notice just once or twice then give up. Replacing players is a long term business & could be easily forgotten.

I like my chap to nag me till I change!

I don't like to be nagged about 5 times during the season - especially when it's during the transfer window being shut. I'd like to be told once that a player is 'past it', and I use that knowledge to decide if / when I change it.

• 1 year later...

I'm laughing because I am receiving these messages about four of my current squad members. Three of them have played very well for me. Their attributes seem to be much higher than any of my internal scouts are giving them credit for. I think the star ratings fail to adequately assess 35+ year old players.

I suspect that the point is that if you dismiss the advice from your coaches once- " thanks for that, I will bear it in mind", you would not expect them to return with the same advice again and again-" Yeah, you have mentioned that already, so no more! I am the boss here, remember?"

Archived