what the hell is really going on in jolly old England

Ok let me clarify without pissing anyone off God forbid/ .. Do i really have to kiss my player(s) asses day in and day out just to get a solid performance out out of them? What is this a reality TV show? If i order a plan... execute the plan. don't second guess me do as i say.... I'm not sure how it works across the water but on this side of the Atlantic what i say goes!!!

I'm sorry but i feel like i'm kissing more butt than actually managing a team here. I can't be alone on this. What the hell is the standard here? Also i am sorry if i cannot convey what i am trying to say in my post. Simply put this passion thing, or begging the the team to get to understand where i am coming from? It's not what i am used to. Here in the states... maybe sadly, but it is what it is... take it or leave it you do as ask or you are out of a job. In this game i have to make sure my players are ok with my actions or it's... Well i am out of here... in so many words. Guess i am just tired of players having a voice when i see things as my way or the highway. Sorry if i offeded anyone. I love this planet!

Trying to clarify as best as i can. Follow me so far ( meaning do you understand what i mean, or am saying). If so please continue... This gane FM12 which i do love don't get me wrong; is more about passion than execution. If i don't stroke my players ego..... it's a Einstien thing.... you know Eienstien all about ego, Id, and super ego. Well hey my players want to take offense to me; the manager, not being pleasant to them... hence they don't perform as i would like. Get It?

Seems like he is frustrated about the "boss I wanna play more football" - "shuddup and go away" - "booohoo I could as well leave then" - "sure, I'll let you leave asap" - "but I don't wanna, I won't back down on this".... etc etc

Not to mention "you, boy, were awful in the last match" - "but I think I did well, now you're pissing me off sir" - "well actually it wasn't your actual average rating which was 6.8, it was your *uninterested* attitude on the pitch but since I can't tell you that such an attitude is unacceptable I'd to go with criticising your performance, which was not good enough to be fair" - "I wanna leave boohoo" - "ok, I'll let you go you useless git" - "booohoo what are you doing I wanna stay" etc etc

The general consensus who have replied to this post really don't seem to understand what you're on about. If it's morale, then try and praise players or play them more. If you're players are annoyed at you, it's usually your fault or the fact their generally grumpy.

2 hours difference doesn't make much, i'm not that 'hardcore' to play a game at that hour of the morning.

I'm sure you aren't representative of all your bretheren and you are the token oddball ;)

If you know anything about sport you will realise that all sportsman have egos that need to be nutured. Those manager's who do this best and get the best out the players can often play better than they normally would.

Just like real life, give the mrs/players a compliment and your chances of scoring improve.

As a manager, of a football team or anything else you need your team to be happy and motivated for them to perform at their best. Its not rocket science dude

PS - You do understand how football is played. You'll also note our top league in England is the Premiership, we dont call a national game a world series :D

If i don't stroke my players ego..... it's a Einstien thing.... you know Eienstien all about ego, Id, and super ego.

Most of your posts are like this one; they don't even make a full, proper sentence.

From now on I reckon this thread will be good for a laugh but for not for anything helpful :D

The general consensus who have replied to this post really don't seem to understand what you're on about. If it's morale, then try and praise players or play them more. If you're players are annoyed at you, it's usually your fault or the fact their generally grumpy.

2 hours difference doesn't make much, i'm not that 'hardcore' to play a game at that hour of the morning.

Understood. Tell me. Why is it that soccer/football or whatever you want to call it. With FM12... Just FM12 alone... or maybe it is how it is in footballl/soccer however you see it. This game is so about passion in order to get a response from my players. Are people really that naive??? You either perform or you are out of a job. That's the norm for what i am used to. Norm meaning normal. Sorry again to offend; and i must say i am not used to apologizing so many times over jst to get my point across. But anyhoo i digress...(google it if you must) But ownership comes first, players come second in my world. If it's wrong it's wrong or different from what you are used to.

I'm sure you aren't representative of all your bretheren and you are the token oddball ;)

If you know anything about sport you will realise that all sportsman have egos that need to be nutured. Those manager's who do this best and get the best out the players can often play better than they normally would.

Just like real life, give the mrs/players a compliment and your chances of scoring improve.

As a manager, of a football team or anything else you need your team to be happy and motivated for them to perform at their best. Its not rocket science dude

PS - You do understand how football is played. You'll also note our top league in England is the Premiership, we dont call a national game a world series :D

You're a funny guy or girl... but whatever the case, NO we don't kiss ass and hope our players respond poistively

Its probably what BiggusD said. Player interaction giving him an headache. Sounds like he's trying to motivate his players but is limited by what phrases he can use since most of the time we just want to moan at them for under-performing, but we don't want to risk bruising their ego's by over-moaning :D

By the way, its not just English players, its all of 'em. They're overpaid pixles. Sometimes I wish I could unleash pacman on the pitch just to sort the miserable twats out.

Understood. Tell me. Why is it that soccer/football or whatever you want to call it. With FM12... Just FM12 alone... or maybe it is how it is in footballl/soccer however you see it. This game is so about passion in order to get a response from my players. Are people really that naive??? You either perform or you are out of a job. That's the norm for what i am used to. Norm meaning normal. Sorry again to offend; and i must say i am not used to apologizing so many times over jst to get my point across. But anyhoo i digress...(google it if you must) But ownership comes first, players come second in my world. If it's wrong it's wrong or different from what you are used to.

Well, surely if the players don't play well, then the ownership comes into questions because they'res lack of money because of the under performing players, but if you're not passionate to your players your team really won't do well in terms of the league and cups.

You play the game how you want dude, we can only give you advice of how to get the best out of your FM team.

You wondered why people dont understand what you are saying, take this statement of yours "Why is it that soccer/football or whatever you want to call it". Maybe I misunderstand what a pot roast is :D

Its probably what BiddusD said. Player interaction giving him an headache. Sounds like he's trying to motivate his players but is limited by what phrases he can use since most of the time we just want to moan at them for under-performing, but we don't want to risk bruising their ego's by over-moaning :D

By the way, its not just English players, its all of 'em. They're overpaid pixles. Sometimes I wish i could unleash pacman on the pitch to sort the miserable twats out.

I love you man !

I think what you're getting at Tycobbler39 is that you experience a culture difference. You are used to total authority from coaches in America, but when managing Priemer league players they suddenly want to have their voices heard.

To me, and this goes for all sports, everywhere, a good leader knows when to be harsh and authoritarian - but also when to actually listen to the players and acknowledge the fact that they are human beings...

Honestly, I don't think the despotistic approach to coaching is ever going to be as effective as a humanitarian - which is what the game attempts to simulate. :D

MrPompey No Disrespect sir.... but where i come from, and it's probably a sad truth, but where i come from (USA) if you don't live up to expectation you are out of a job, Sad reallity yes, but just what we have been taught here in the states... No Alcohol involed... well maybe a pint... but who cares it's the life i live!

I understand what it is that is bugging him, but I don't really agree as I find a lot of it to be right. There are however still some very strange conversations to be had with players from time to time though but interacting is going forward with every game so there is still hope. No matter how you put it there are players that when believing in themselves and are fired up and passionate about the task ahead will perform better than when feeling the opposite. Just as there are players that wont perform their best if they are anxious and feels pressure there are players that will peform miracles when pressured. This isn't something you will find in football managing alone but look around you in the world and you will see lots of people with lots of different personalities that will respond differently to the same situation.

Here in the states... and it is what it is, and mind you a harsh reality.. women are the ones with feelings, and us as men have to figure them out. As with this typing i have learned that soccer/football, there are FEELINGS involved; something i am not used to. With that said it just bothers me that i have to make sure a MAN is happy in order to get a good result from my team. Yes i know by now i have struck a nerve; meaning i have got your attention and you are going to reply; but it is what is it... a cultural difference that i will admiting;y have to adjust to.

What I want is that the game recognizes when a player was nervous, complacent, uninterested, losing discipline -as well as- playing a poor game and/or playing without confidence and having a good/excellent game.

I want to be able to tell a player repeats a complacent attitude he will be dropped from the team, and if a player is nervous in a match I will have to tell him that I must let him go to another club which doesn't have as much at stake, because being nervous and letting his teammates down when we all need it the most is not acceptable.

Now we can only praise and criticise in regards to their average rating, and that isn't good enough.

MrPompey No Disrespect sir.... but where i come from, and it's probably a sad truth, but where i come from (USA) if you don't live up to expectation you are out of a job, Sad reallity yes, but just what we have been taught here in the states... No Alcohol involed... well maybe a pint... but who cares it's the life i live!

None taken :) I accept our cultural differences, no problem there. We are just trying to help you with FM and success in the game

Here in the states... and it is what it is, and mind you a harsh reality.. women are the ones with feelings, and us as men have to figure them out. As with this typing i have learned that soccer/football, there are FEELINGS involved; something i am not used to. With that said it just bothers me that i have to make sure a MAN is happy in order to get a good result from my team. Yes i know by now i have struck a nerve; meaning i have got your attention and you are going to reply; but it is what is it... a cultural difference that i will admiting;y have to adjust to.

Its great that you have managed to figure out the culture of a whole country by playing a computer game, bravo.

I dont think any nerve has been struck. In life I'm a senior manager and me threatening people to perform or ill sack them just wont get the best job done. Thats not out of fear of HR but a simple reality. Motivation by fear will not get results in the long term

Back to football and FM. I think our comments are made simply to guide with some humour thrown in. Life is too short not to have a laugh. Give the advice a try and see how you get on. Good luck

Basically, between the MLS and the Premier League, there is a huge difference. In the MLS you have mostly low standard players, but in the Premier League you have World Class players. Although unfortunate, but very true, the Premier League players have huge Ego's, which you have to manage to the best of your ability, keeping them happy and then you will get them to perform. It's true they are over paid, but thats just life, it's happened and is continueing to happen and get worse, but you just get on with life. My approach to this game is be passionate, if they dont perform by half time, let them know and they usually pick it up, if they don't, let them know... If someone complains, I apologise to them and keep them happy for a few games, then revert to my old ways again. This way i'm keeping the squad disciplined and letting them know i have high standards, but also keeping them as happy as I can.

I understood your post as best as I could, but it was hardly very clear. A lot of people on these forums will let you know that, because they expect proper English whilst posting and not slang words or half sentences. From time to time, I accidently use slang. :D

I dont think any nerve has been struck. In life I'm a senior manager and me threatening people to perform or ill sack them just wont get the best job done. Thats not out of fear of HR but a simple reality. Motivation by fear will not get results in the long term

Back to football and FM. I think our comments are made simply to guide with some humour thrown in. Life is too short not to have a laugh. Give the advice a try and see how you get on. Good luck

Agreed, but i'd also like to add...

You need to know when to laugh, when to be nice and also when to discipline. You need a mixture of them all. Total discipline, which the OP says is normal in his country, might get you somewhere in the short term, but in the long term, they aren't going to be happy players and wont perform.

Slang? fair enough, but what is the universal language :D Anyhoo... i simply cannot lower my standards to appease the masses F' Them if you know what i mean. In American football my brothers once you are cut/fired/sacked youre contract is over that's it. THAT is the way it is, and that is where we, and this game differ.

With all respect I guess you best bet is to play a different game.......one that agress with your values and you enjoy....afterall its just a game

It's a game yes and i want to understand it and suceed at it. I love FM12, just like i love OOTP baseball, you need to understand the want behind the need to know why. Prolly doesn't make snese, but just know that i wish i could comprehend half of what you no about this beautiful game.

Slang? fair enough, but what is the universal language :D Anyhoo... i simply cannot lower my standards to appease the masses F' Them if you know what i mean. In American football my brothers once you are cut/fired/sacked youre contract is over that's it. THAT is the way it is, and that is where we, and this game differ.

Yes, but in American football there are 31 other teams a player can go to and the players know that, in football here we have a whole world of opportunities for players to move on should they desire and still continue their careers at a top level.

Yes, but in American football there are 31 other teams a player can go to and the players know that, in football here we have a whole world of opportunities for players to move on should they desire and still continue their careers at a top level.

Not true my brothers; not to get to Clock work Orange on you, but back On Topic... This game which i love mind you is based SOLEY on a man's feeling's. FEELINGS people! A man has a job to do and must perform... end of story!

Not true my brothers; not to get to Clock work Orange on you, but back On Topic... This game which i love mind you is based SOLEY on a man's feeling's. FEELINGS people! A man has a job to do and must perform... end of story!

As i've already stated, it's because they have big Ego's, if you don't control them, they wont play well. Take Carlos Tevez for instance (In Real Life), he's rich, he's gone missing and wont come back to his club. He has such a big Ego and doesn't care even if the club fines him 2 weeks wages. He knows that he can do what he likes because he is rich and lots of teams would love to have him and keep him happy.

Archived