Best club in the world, but no benefits..

I've managed Red Star to the top of the world...winning the CL 4 years in a row, as well as the supercup, I'm by far the richest club in the world..but still get treated sometimes as a 2nd grade club. When an offer of petty 25 mio pounds comes for one of my top players, the chairman says it's too good to refuse. And lot's of the worlds top players don't want to move to my club, because it would be a "step down" in their career. I get it that the league is not the most competitive in the world, but the wages alone I'm able to offer the players should be reason enough to join me and win another CL... A club that has success in the world stage should be able to sign world class players, without them whining

I'm sure you're still being affected by club reputation and league/nation reputation.

Even winning the CL 4 times in a row will not get you anywhere near the likes of Milan and Real Madrid. And money isn't everything.

Well the only real problem in this exact case is the chairman selling players bit. This feature is and has always been broken. Thing is, you might win the CL 10 years on the trot with Red Star but you'd still have trouble finding players who'll want to live in Belgrade. No matter how much money you offer them, they'd still rather live in Madrid, London, Milan etc and I think in this case this is quite realistic. However, this same scenario occurs at every other low reputation club in FM. In FM the most important variable is reputation. Getting the reputation to grow is a slow and painful process so you'll have to constantly win everything for a reasonably long period of time to get your Red Star to be considered as a top club. And even then you'll always be stuck with a low league reputation because this variable you cannot improve.

Originally posted by deki_s:

Well that's my point exactly. IRL if a club won the CL 4 times in a row, it would be thought as one of the best ones in the world...yes?

No, just the best for the last 4 years. What did they do 5 years ago? Absolutely nothing.

By the way, did you get them to the top in an "honest" way?

Perhaps, but IRL the most realistic scenario if Red Star somehow won the CL would be that they'd lose all their players to Chelsea and vanish back into obscurity. You cannot compare your FM scenario to real life because Red Star winning CL 4 times in a row just wouldn't happen.

yes IRL they maybe. Your in-game reputation maybe quite high, but as the others have said you are suffering from a lower league reputation. As playing for Red Star domestically is a step down from Spain, italy and England.

Your sustained success will, I think improve the league rep, if the other teams around you generally improve. At rangers once, i was very successful but suffered the same as you. However, I was able to almost sign players that were only rotation for me...their rep took a knock, i would sell them on to some of the other teams within my league (to improve them). Through my sustained success, the scottish league was given automatic qualification to the Champs league for the Champions, which is a step up compared to real life.

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deki_s:

Well that's my point exactly. IRL if a club won the CL 4 times in a row, it would be thought as one of the best ones in the world...yes?

No, just the best for the last 4 years. What did they do 5 years ago? Absolutely nothing.

By the way, did you get them to the top in an "honest" way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually yes.. It took me about 5-6 years to build a solid squad and a lot of studying of the oppossition tactics, but I got there

Originally posted by redUTDgoose:

yes IRL they maybe. Your in-game reputation maybe quite high, but as the others have said you are suffering from a lower league reputation. As playing for Red Star domestically is a step down from Spain, italy and England.

Your sustained success will, I think improve the league rep, if the other teams around you generally improve. At rangers once, i was very successful but suffered the same as you. However, I was able to almost sign players that were only rotation for me...their rep took a knock, i would sell them on to some of the other teams within my league (to improve them). Through my sustained success, the scottish league was given automatic qualification to the Champs league for the Champions, which is a step up compared to real life.

I've gotten to the point where the first two teams go to the CL directly, while two go to the qualifiers. Too bad that all of the other teams suck and they are regular drop-outs in the group stages

well thats a good effort so far!!! well done. However, i imagine, as you say that the other teams are dog egg, that the league standard isnt high enough yet. Despite lack of realism, try to improve the league by signing players that arent good enough for you, and then sell them to the needy...think Robin Hood

Originally posted by Äktsjon Männ:

Perhaps, but IRL the most realistic scenario if Red Star somehow won the CL would be that they'd lose all their players to Chelsea and vanish back into obscurity. You cannot compare your FM scenario to real life because Red Star winning CL 4 times in a row just wouldn't happen.

Thats hardly worth posting. It is a simulation based on real life that is designed to evolve and change like it would in real life. So, we are discussing why it doesnt appear to.

Tried that too, but if a player signs with me, they don't want to leave to any other club in the league.. So I'll just have to give up the superstars and make my own through intensive scouting and training icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by redUTDgoose:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Äktsjon Männ:

Thats hardly worth posting. It is a simulation based on real life that is designed to evolve and change like it would in real life . So, we are discussing why it doesnt appear to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why it's relevant. The game might not be able to cope with scenarios that wouldn't happen IRL. It's too easy to take a mediocre or worse team and make them world beaters but the game isn't designed so it can react accordingly. For it to be realistic it should be near impossible to get anywhere near quarter finals in CL with Red Star. But that's not what we want either is it?

It's hard to balance these things out, but there's really no point comparing unrealistic scenarios to real life. It's a game and it has it's limitations as to how much of the 'realism' it can and should try to emulate.

Originally posted by deki_s:

And ok, I accept that the league is too crappy for stars to arrive... But the part of the chairman accepting stupid offers, even though I have more than enough money is just wrong...

As I said earlier, this particular feature hasn't worked correctly since they introduced it and I doubt they'll ever get it right. The correct thing for SI to do would be to remove it completely or make it extremely rare as it adds absolutely nothing to the game anyway. Except extreme frustration when a broken feature manages to ruin a good save.

Originally posted by Menion:

You could create another manager and take over another team o 2 in the league. If you have 3 teams doin well in europe then surely this would raise the league reputation.

Thought about that too, but really don't have the will icon_smile.gif and I'm a fan of Red Star so it would be hard to play a non-biast game icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Menion:

You could create another manager and take over another team o 2 in the league. If you have 3 teams doin well in europe then surely this would raise the league reputation.

AS far as I'm aware, League reputation NEVER goes up or down. It's static.

Archived