Hampton & Richmond Borough F.C. - The sky is the limit

sbetini

Taking over the command of the Hampton & Richmond Borough F.C.

Hampton & Richmond Borough F.C. is a soccer club based in Hampton, a London suburb, also known as the Beavers.

Founded in 1920, it presently has a core support base of around 400 to 600 people, with an average attendance of 470 per game.

These days, the team struggles in attendance due to the popularity of rugby in the borough.

I am taking over the team at the Blue Square Bet South (previously known as Conference South), which is one of the second divisions of the Football Conference in England, taking its place immediately below the Conference National.

Along with Conference North it is at the second level of the National League System, and at the sixth tier overall of the English football league system.

This league was introduced in 2004 as part of a major restructuring of English non-League football.

My plan is to win this League, and thus be automatically promoted to Conference National.

A second promotion place goes to the winners of play-offs involving the teams finishing in second to fifth place.

hamptonrichmondlogo.pnghamptonrichmondinfo.png

BEVEREE STADIUM

Our home is the Beveree Stadium, situated in Beaver Close, off Station Road in the heart of Hampton village.

It has a total capacity of 3,500, with roughly 750 of this being seated and 900 in covered terracing.

The Beveree, which can be shortened to "the Bev", has been the home of the club since 1959.

Not just a football ground, the Beveree is also used for social events. The club's ground has been used as a polling station for all local, general and European elections for a long time.

In June 2006, work began on transforming the clubhouse and changing rooms at the Beveree into a more modern facility.

Work was completed by the end of Summer, and the new look clubhouse was officially opened by FA Chief Executive, Brian Barwick, on 26 August 2006.

The new facility has a pool table and flat screen TVs and is WiFi enabled.

In April 2008 the Club received a Conference B grading for Beveree, following several weeks of work, which included the installation of additional toilet facilities, an extra turnstile, new dugouts and the extension of the Main Stand with 60 additional seats and the purchase of 250–seater semi-permanent stand. The B grading enables the club to remain in the Conference South.

dsc03182n.jpghampton39500x375.jpge6139e97ede07f255ba07dc.jpg

bevereed.png

First friendly match under my command

The team played as good as, or even better than, I had expected, since this was their first outing as a team.

Littlehampton is a team with very limited skills, considered to have a smaller reputation when compared to us.

One player that stood out was stricker Charlie Moone, scoring twice.

charliemooneimage198746.jpghamptonrichmondvlittleh.png

Only 101 fans showed up, but cannot blame them since the weather did not help much, with freezing temperatures and light snow.

Hampton & Richmond Borough 2 x 1 Redbridge

As expected, this second friendly was more difficult than the first one, since most players had problems adapting to the new 4-4-2 formation.

A nice surprise was Stuart Duff coming off the bench and scoring the winning goal in injury time.

It seems that the striker position is still up for grabs.

91 fans were present to see this game being decided when most thought it would end in a draw.

stuartduff.jpghamptonrichmondvredbrid.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough 3 x 1 Irchester

3-4-3 Attacking scheme picked by Paul Barry (attacking coach)

We have arranged another friendly match, against a weaker team, Irchester.

In this game, we will go try to experiment an "all out attack" scheme and thus have an idea if we can use this formation when needing some goals, or attacking to get the fans back into the game.

The score of 3-1 in our favor was not what the 100 fans had come to see.

Since we adopted an all attack technique, the score should have been much more elastic, and the game was much closer than the score shows.

For this reason, and after talking to our coaching staff, we have decided not to use this tactic in the other games, since it did not produce the expected results.

The good part is that we are 3-0 (3W-0D-0L)

A pleasant early surprise has been the excellent goaltending shown by Matt Lovet, performing some incredible saves.

mattlovettimage25189516.jpghamptonrichmondvirchest.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough 2 x 2 Dulwich Hamlet

Fourth friendly game, this time using the same tactics used in the first game for the first 55 minutes.

We knew this game was going to be tough, and our guesses proved to be right.

After already leading by 1-0 and having Dulwich come to the attack looking for the equalizer, we decided to switch to 4-4-2, but right after that Dulwich tied the game.

Trying to keep our winning streak alive, we switched to the "all attack" technique, which we had previously decided to no longer use.

Amazingly enough, we scored our second goal right after that change, on a great shot by Cooper.

Unfortunately, the game was once again level at the 88th minute.

Our record now is 3-1-0 (W-T-L).

hamptonrichmondvdulwich.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough 0 - 2 AFC DUNSTABLE

For this sixth friendly, and our first loss.

A large upset, to say the least.

hamptonrichmondvafcduns.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough 0 - 0 AFC HORNCHURCH

Seventh friendly, a very close match against a team very much like ours.

Considering bringing up some players from the youth team to shake things up.

hamptonrichmondvafchorn.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hampton & Richmond Borough 4 - 1 CRAY

Ninth match and Chapman standing out as a very fast forward!

hamptonrichmondvcray41.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough 1- 4 STAINES

For this tenth match, we had our backs against the wall for most of the game.

Since Staines is a team with similar style and technique, we feel that we will have to move to a different formation to counter these situations.

A fair score, since we were simply outplayed.

hamptonrichmondvstaines.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough 1- 4 Hendon

Thirteen was not our lucky number tonight.

Another bad outing for the team, and we feel that that is already some turmoil among the fans.

Chapman missed two clear chances and chants for his removal from the main squad are beginning to be heard.

A week of practice should improve things.

hamptonrichmondvhendon1.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough 0 - 4 Maidenhead

A nice effort from the entire team during the 1st game after Spring Break, but it was clear that everyone is still not in shape.

Our record now is (15 games / 7 wins / 4 draws / 4 losses).

hamptonrichmondvmaidenh.png

I think I see what's going on here; I'm assuming sbetini is from Brazil, and thus has chosen the game start date as December 2010. The problem with that is that since he is managing in England, normally HRBFC would be halfway through the 2010/11 season, but the game doesn't recognise that since the database is set for the start of the 2011/12 season so instead leaves the competitive fixtures blank until the new English season starts. Think of it as a very very very long pre-season. ;)

sbetini: Best of luck in your remaining friendlies and for the season ahead, any chance of a few screenshots of your best players and transfers before then?

Not only is this story like, it is only friendlies.

I don't see the point of this at all.

Hi Nobby! Since I have no set date (or year for that matter) to reach my goal, I am enjoying listing all the friendlies before the real deal begins.

Thanks for your comments and I hope to have clear your doubt.

Cheers!

I think I see what's going on here; I'm assuming sbetini is from Brazil, and thus has chosen the game start date as December 2010. The problem with that is that since he is managing in England, normally HRBFC would be halfway through the 2010/11 season, but the game doesn't recognise that since the database is set for the start of the 2011/12 season so instead leaves the competitive fixtures blank until the new English season starts. Think of it as a very very very long pre-season. ;)

sbetini: Best of luck in your remaining friendlies and for the season ahead, any chance of a few screenshots of your best players and transfers before then?

Yes, I am from Brazil, and yes, I have chosen Dec 2010 as starting date! :)

About the long pre-season: you are not kidding!

But I am enjoying this, since I had never played FM2011 before, and this gives me chance to know the workings of the game.

I kindly thank you for your input and for having dropped by!

Hope to hear from you again soon.

For the wishes, thanks!

In regards to the screenshots, I will post it just before the season begins!

Hampton & Richmond Borough 5 - 1 East Thurrock

With an attack minded game set we were able to totally control the game, applying a nice "goleada", like they say in Brazil.

These pre-season friendlies have given us a record of 8-4-4 in 16 games.

Man of the game again was Paul Johnson, scoring twice and contributing to the fluid game play.

pauljohnson.jpghamptonrichmondveastthu.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough 1 - 0 Whitehawk

Too many chances thrown away by the forwards! It could have easily been another one-sided game, but we let those chances go to waste.

(9-4-4 in 17 games)

hamptonrichmondvwhiteha.png

The starting date makes sense now. Reporting on friendlies doesn't.

And why would that be? :confused:

Since I am fairly new, or even totally new, to this game reporting environment, I am open to suggestions and tips.

Because the only reason to play friendlies is to assess your squad ahead of the new season and for players to gain match fitness. Winning or losing them doesn't matter in the slightest.

Duly noted guys. Thanks!

Archived