Home Grown players bug (0-21) Champions Leaue squad bug - is this fixed in FM12?

I posted this thread in the 2011 bugs forum but no one seems to be bothered:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287577-Home-Grown-players-bug-%280-21%29-Champions-Leaue-squad-bug

so can someone please tell me if this is fixed in FM12 it seems a major bug in 2011 with regens never having home grown status for the champions league squad. Is it even a bug or is everyone misunderstanding the rules for CL, can someone from SI please clarify?

Why do I have England Internationals who have never played outside England who on their home grown status say trained at nation 0-21 yet when I come to register my CL squad to not qualify as one of my home grown players?

(trained at club players 15-21 do qualify)

Is there any hope of a further small (11.4) FM11 patch to fix this?

You need some screenshots and a game save uploaded to the FTP for them to even begin to check into something like that, it may be something only occuring in your save (not every bug happens 100% of the time, and clearly if it did would have been a bigger issue long before now) with that thread there is basically nothing to move forward with.

Just to add I'm talking about FM11 here, certainly doesn't seem fixed in 12 as there are threads already, I would gladly upload my saved game and screenshots but as yet no one from SI has asked me, do you wait to be asked or do you just do it?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with 12.04 version of FM. Some players staying with the club for more than three years get a status of homegrown 0-21. WHen they get this status they are not recognized as homegrown when I try to register them for Champions cup. Other players get the status 15-21 ; in this case they are recognized as home grown. I had a similar problem with FM 2011 but there was a patch that solved the problem. Unfortunately John - t I do not remember where I found the patch since you have vs 11, bu I am definate that it was solved with te patch, though whatever players received the status 0-21 could never be recognized as homegrown.

If you search up a player that you know is 0-21, click on the Home-Grown 15-21 button to the right, save, and continue the game one day. This won't help if you are already in the registration window the last day. I am not even sure it helps the first season! Certainly did for me the season after that.

Archived