Retirement Seriously

i have heard about too many players retiring and i agree(on my save scott brown was released from celtic for no reason and retired at 27 and stephen pearson at derby at the age of 30 neither had injuries i might add ect..)

however i am into my third season just now and unemployed and whenever i read the news feed it is always someone retiring and they are all employed whilst they retire

in 4weeks game time these are the manager who have retired

jupp heynckes of fc bayern

alex ferguson of man utd

sven goran eriksson of fc koln

richard tardy of rawanda u20s

gadji gadjiev of anzhi

roy hodgson of west brom

dario gradi of crewe

walter smith of west ham

graham turner of shrewsbury

edoardo reja of cagliari

now this cant be right can it to have so many retirements in such short time

i have heard about too many players retiring and i agree(on my save scott brown was released from celtic for no reason and retired at 27 and stephen pearson at derby at the age of 30 neither had injuries i might add ect..)

however i am into my third season just now and unemployed and whenever i read the news feed it is always someone retiring and they are all employed whilst they retire

in 4weeks game time these are the manager who have retired

jupp heynckes of fc bayern

alex ferguson of man utd

sven goran eriksson of fc koln

richard tardy of rawanda u20s

gadji gadjiev of anzhi

roy hodgson of west brom

dario gradi of crewe

walter smith of west ham

graham turner of shrewsbury

edoardo reja of cagliari

now this cant be right can it to have so many retirements in such short time

All plausable retirements. But I agree, players under 30 retiring is quite unrealistic. Especially the really talented ones, who can't find a club for some reason but refuse to drop down to your club and retire instead..!

That said, Gary Borrowdale went without a club for 8 years in FM12. Released from QPR after season 1 then did absolutely nothing until being picked up by Hayes & Yeading 8-9 years later.

IMHO given that its the end of the season and many of those guys, if not all are 65+ years old it could happen. The thing is as you say 'they all have jobs' well using real life Walter Smith left at his peak, i think i can safely assume Sir Alex will do the same.

I think your point of the timing is slightly flawed as if you are going to retire then at the end of the season is the best time to do so and most european leagues finish within four weeks of each other.

I you break it down also you have:

One from Itlay

Two from Germany

One from Russia

One international manager and

5 from English leagues.

Its not as if half the league are retiring. Without the ins and outs of the leagues you running it looks like fair enough to me.

I think the problem with all the managers retiring is that it's very rare for a manager to retire while they have a job. It's far more likely for them to retire after being sacked and they begin to find higher profile jobs few and far between. Why would a person who is earning a lot of money forfeit that wage prematurely? As Jerry Seinfeld says, "People don't turn down money! It's what separates us from the animals."

Just at the end of the first season and have Rio Ferdinand retiring at 34. Plausible I guess but at the same time he could easily carry on at a lower level.

It's 50/50 with cases like that. For every Eric Cantona that retires at the top, there's a Steve Claridge that just keeps on going.

The reason you're seeing so many news messages in a short space of time is that the game calculates who should retire at specific points in the season, so you're likely to see a bunch of messages about it in a row. It's the same with clubs offering new contracts to players - I'm in December in my game at the moment and I just received about thirty messages about new contracts for players on my shortlist.

Archived