Swapping the Premier League for League 2

Not sure this has been ventured out before.

Was thinking last night in the game if you took the 20 teams in the Prem and swapped them with 20 in League 2 (in the editor of course) how the course of the game would go. Would it make everything more balanced, as assuming the small clubs would get Prem money and teams like Man Utd having to battle for 3 seasons at least to get back in the Prem. It would reduce the league's Euro coefficient, but I think it would be really interesting and a good challenge.

Someone's thought about doing this as an Experiment in the Challenges, Sign-Ups and Experiments Forum. They were thinking of moving teams from the Blue Square North & South iirc and swapping them with the Premier League and the Championship. Here is the post. Nothing has appeared as a thread yet but that's the forum it would go in should you choose to do it :thup:.

I have done something like this on fm11 but no longer have the save though i might have the odd screenshot. iI swapped premier and championship clubs with BSN/BSS teams and league 1 sides with BSP teams so the pyramid was upside down. Some clubs went down every season because the fixtures got harder and they couldnt compete and giants like man utd went through the leagues very quickly too as it got easier. after about 10 seasons it began to settle down to the stage where relegated clubs could do well and promoted clubs could struggle like real life. Dover were the main benefitaries winning 2 titles and getting into europe most seasons even when the big boys came along. Other clubs like AFC Wimbledon, Crawley, Peterborough and Southampton became established premier league sides.

In the fa cup, some big clubs won it but so did Dover, AFC Telford, Farnborough and Peterborough.

Archived