why oh why?

I offered a player a contract for a nice $775/week, but he still accepted an offer from another club for $600/week. I fail to see why.... It's not his favourite club, nor is he born in the same town. Does club reputation affect his decision? Both of the clubs play in the Super League in Indonesia and the other club might have a better rep, although we both got promoted from the division below...

Perhaps something to do with the role of being a key player, or first team, or something?

Sometimes the bonuses are better at the other club, or the training facilities (don't know if they affect decision?), or just the overall rep of the club. Perhaps he was offered $1,000 after 20 games as a pay rise?

I tried to sign Sergio Aguero before, I was Leeds, I got promoted and was winning the league and champions league. He just wouldn't sign for me.

I got offered the Barcelona job, and he still wouldn't sign. Eventually Arsenal came in for him, and he signed for them for much less. Sometimes players or their agents just don't like you and won't sign, or perhaps the agent had a better relationship with the other team etc.

I offered a player a contract for a nice $775/week, but he still accepted an offer from another club for $600/week. I fail to see why.... It's not his favourite club, nor is he born in the same town. Does club reputation affect his decision? Both of the clubs play in the Super League in Indonesia and the other club might have a better rep, although we both got promoted from the division below...

Count yourself lucky, in FM11, i was AC Milan, won the Series A 3 time in a row and just won the CL, I wanted to sign Eden Hazard in his prime (Season 2015/2016 ~ Aged 25) I offered him 175k a week.. He moved to Arsenal, for 80k.

Also, i wanted to keep Zlatan Ibrahimovic, he was on 250k a week, he was a decent backup, so offered him 60k, he point blank refused and left on a free. Fans and board werent happy with me (even though i had Neymar)

He moved to Fulham for 35k a week.

Count yourself lucky

Not really, in Indonesia you have very limited options of players available. My clubs rep is so low I only attract deadwood. With a big club like yours, if you cant get Hazard, you'll always find a player who is fairly similar and willing to play for your club. I have to field a youth player to fill in the blanks.

Archived