OK I signed a Brazilian/German left back for my lower league team as a key player and within a few weeks he's homesick......fair enough. We had a chat and I offered him a leave of absence which he was happy about.

He's started every single game since signing yet upon his return he demanded that I give him more first team opportunities?!? We had chat and I said I'm more then happy to do this.....he was pleased.

Now I get a reminder from my assistant about my promise and that the player might take things into his own hands?!?!

How the hell can I give him more opportunities if he's started and finished every single game ?!?!?

When I go to chat the player says our relationship has broken down and we have nothing to talk about. I've given him nothing but support and never raised my voice in a conversation.

Answers on a postcard..........................

Sounds bizzare to me - i've had a couple of problems with keeping promises too, where the game after i promised first team football, I would play that player consistently afterwards, and they would still demand a move because of lack of opportunities. I think it might be a bug.

I've sometimes found the opposite - had a player come to me and say 'i want more games' or i want a new contract' - i've agreed to their demands, their information screen has shown that i've promised them something, then i've not bothered playing them/improving their contract and it's not come back to haunt me. Seems a bit of a random feature - perhaps there's some sort of hidden attribute that determines how a player perceives/reacts to promises. Either that or it's a bug.....

Archived