Do unemployed players ever agree to move to a lower league/rep club?

I am managing Crawley and I should say I am not here to say these players should join my side but the variety of unemployed players is strange. There are several players from people like 33 year olds Scott Parker and Steven Reid to 32 year old Ibrahimovic and Pavlyuchenko. There are also players like David Bentley, Petrov, Bobby Canvey, Daniel Agger, Seydou Keita and several other 32-35 year old players.

Will these players ever sign for lower reputations sides? Are lower reputation sides even interested in these platers? Surely people like Ibrahimovic and Pav would be looked at by teams in America as designated players? Even Parker and Reid would at least be approached by newly promoted teams or Championship sides.

Lastly why won't Ibrahimovic sign for my Crawley side on 4k a week(insert winky face thing)?

I am managing Crawley and I should say I am not here to say these players should join my side but the variety of unemployed players is strange. There are several players from people like 33 year olds Scott Parker and Steven Reid to 32 year old Ibrahimovic and Pavlyuchenko. There are also players like David Bentley, Petrov, Bobby Canvey, Daniel Agger, Seydou Keita and several other 32-35 year old players.

Will these players ever sign for lower reputations sides? Are lower reputation sides even interested in these platers? Surely people like Ibrahimovic and Pav would be looked at by teams in America as designated players? Even Parker and Reid would at least be approached by newly promoted teams or Championship sides.

Lastly why won't Ibrahimovic sign for my Crawley side on 4k a week?

I've managed to bring players like Sanogo, Arismendi and Trezeguet to Celtic very early on in a save and all on free's so it can be done to an extent but it's largely down to player rep v club + League + Nation rep. Ibrahimivic's reputation makes it (quite rightly imo) nigh on impossible for a club such as Crawley to attract a player with a career of likes of his (mostly) behind him. I doubt he'd get out of bed to look at a 4k a week contract at any club as well, far too low a wage to expect him to accept having gotten used to being paid mega bucks at some of the worlds best clubs.

I have found they wont initially after leaving their club, but come xmas time if they are still unattached they are more willing to look at your offer. I havent really got far enough for big stars to be retiring but so far i have managed to pick up a few ageing players like Juanito and Gary Caldwell to sign for Aberdeen. In FM11 it was quite easy to convice Rooney and stuff to come to the SPL during their twilight, infact if i remember correctly, Rooney, Fletcher, Lampard and Philips all retired at my Aberdeen side.

I've managed to bring players like Sanogo, Arismendi and Trezeguet to Celtic very early on in a save and all on free's so it can be done to an extent but it's largely down to player rep v club + League + Nation rep. Ibrahimivic's reputation makes it (quite rightly imo) nigh on impossible for a club such as Crawley to attract a player with a career of likes of his (mostly) behind him. I doubt he'd get out of bed to look at a 4k a week contract at any club as well, far too low a wage to expect him to accept having gotten used to being paid mega bucks at some of the worlds best clubs.

Worth noting in case you didn't realise I was being sarcastic about Ibrahimovic lol. These players reputations will surely drop if they are constantly unemployed or at least I hope so.

Worth noting in case you didn't realise I was being sarcastic about Ibrahimovic lol. These players reputations will surely drop if they are constantly unemployed or at least I hope so.

With the lack of a 'Sarcastic' smiley and what with this being a thread in gd and all I thought I'd better err on the side of caution and just treat every part of your post as if written seriously, even though that last bit did seem to be a tad 'out there' compared to the rest of your post.:)

With the lack of a 'Sarcastic' smiley and what with this being a thread in gd and all I thought I'd better err on the side of caution and just treat every part of your post as if written seriously, even though that last bit did seem to be a tad 'out there' compared to the rest of your post.:)

lol, I never use smileys but have corrected my opening post. I can't even attract Leroy Lita never mind Ibrahimovic.

hahahahaha the saftey post!! Gotta love GD :D

Acidburn, i would imagine players rep do drop but i dont think every big player should consider dropping a level, i remember Scholes saying in an interview he would never drop a division he would rather retire, i would hope this is reflected somewhat in game.

I mean could you really see the mighty Titus Bramble playing anything but top level football??

hahahahaha the saftey post!! Gotta love GD :D

Acidburn, i would imagine players rep do drop but i dont think every big player should consider dropping a level, i remember Scholes saying in an interview he would never drop a division he would rather retire, i would hope this is reflected somewhat in game.

Imagine how easy League Two would be with Pav and Ibrahimovic up front Scotty Parker and Steven Reid in midfield. I can see why some people cheat lol.

In my save while not on the same scale as the big names but Emre Can was on a free after being released by Man utd Initially wouldn't speak to me at crewe fair enough, then later he wanted way above what i could afford 15k per week, eventually tho I signed him for 4k a week. Just surprised no other club wanted him.

Archived