Anyone play with 3 at the back

Anyone play with 3 at the back, my tactic last year was 4-3-3 then during the season i went with 4-2-3-1 but now this season i have two extra quality strikers both on loan van persie, and adeboyor both really good players adeboyor was on loan at spurs last season he got like 35 league goals.

so with they two and sow still from last season and ba still there, i think its best to play two up top, but i also like having 3 center midfielders, well 2 with 1 playing just up ahead as an attacking midfielder.

so i'm about to play my first league match 12/13 season with 4-4-2, should i try a 3-2-3-2

3-2-3-2 only works if you have very good DCs and DMs. If they aren't capable enough they will tear you down the flanks. Make sure your outsede CDs are aggressive to go on the flanks and stop crosses. Also at least one of the DMs should be with an anchor or DM w/D role so that he stands in front of the defence all the time. Bear in mind your wide midfielders need to track back and help the agressive wider DCs but also contribute in attack so they will be doing a lot of running - stamina is essential. If you plot it well with the right players it is a great tactic. GL

My mate plays a formation below (could be a 3-2-3-2-1) and has had good-ish success, he's playing as Liverpool. Not sure what season he's in, but defo not the first.

DC DC DC

DMC DMC

MC MC/AMC MC

AML AMR

ST

DC DC DC

DMC DMC

ML MR

AMC

ST ST

Works better in my personal experience. WMs can track back and contribute to attacks more easily.

DC DC DC

DMC DMC

ML MR

AMC

ST ST

Works better in my personal experience. WMs can track back and contribute to attacks more easily.

It could well be that, i dont use it myself, i just know he did/does.

Im a 4-1-2-2-1 guy myself :D

DC - DC - DC - DC

-DMC-

MC - MC

AMR - AML

-ST-

I play with 3 in the back. Still working on best formation, but doing fine so far. I play LLM though, so would have to do some tests with PRL teams to see how it works with/against good teams.

DR/auto --- DC/d or c ---- DL/auto

---- DMC/d --------- DMC/d -----

----------- MC/s ----------------

AMR/s or a -----------AML/s or a

------FW/a ----- FW/s ---------

Obviously there are lots of interesting new formations, when you only play with 3 in the back. The only ones I haven't touched are the back 5 (defenders and defensive mids). Both DMCs have to be on defend and atleast one of them should be anchor. It's very offensive since you, in essence, move one DC up to midfield and still have fullbacks joining attack. With 2 fullbacks (instead of 2 DCs) you have plenty of passing options if you build play from goalkeeper.

3-1-3-1-2 is my tactic. Three CB'S at the back, 1 DMC, 3 MC's, 1 AMC, and a striker partnership.

I have a deep defensive line and tons of width. I *could* let you download it as it is completely beastly, but all tactics, as long as they aren't ridiculous, are good.

in my second seson i'm still in september i've went 8 league games in a row with out a win. whats going on im lossing games like 3 -2 4-3 and now my last game 6-4 i changed to a 3-1-3-2 for my last two games my defence is playing poor

should i push my defence higher up

in my second seson i'm still in september i've went 8 league games in a row with out a win. whats going on im lossing games like 3 -2 4-3 and now my last game 6-4 i changed to a 3-1-3-2 for my last two games my defence is playing poor

should i push my defence higher up

3-1-3-2 or 3-1-3-1-2? From what I've seen having a striker partnership with a playmaker, a defensive midfielder, a solid 3 man defense, and a solid midfield with short passing frustrates the hell out of teams. it's like tiki-taka but not creative. mine's extremely rigid.

3-5-2 High defensive line, play offside. Press for the ball, hassle them and dont let them get the ball. Retain possesion.

But you need top defenders.

High defensive line and play offside? Noooooooo. Drop deeper. Playing offsides with no width is a death sentence unless you have a libero, but libero's are terrible in FM11, as far as I know. Also, what the heck? Five-man midfield? I fail to comprehend how your tactic works, but pretty much any tactic works on FM so whatever floats your boat, I guess.

3-1-3-2 or 3-1-3-1-2? From what I've seen having a striker partnership with a playmaker, a defensive midfielder, a solid 3 man defense, and a solid midfield with short passing frustrates the hell out of teams. it's like tiki-taka but not creative. mine's extremely rigid.

High defensive line and play offside? Noooooooo. Drop deeper. Playing offsides with no width is a death sentence unless you have a libero, but libero's are terrible in FM11, as far as I know. Also, what the heck? Five-man midfield? I fail to comprehend how your tactic works, but pretty much any tactic works on FM so whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Mines is 3-1-2-2-2 1 dm two cm two wingers and two strikers

Archived