A Few Questions About Barcelona 'B'

pret

Right, in my first unemployed game, I got hired as Barca B manager, but a few things have left me wondering if there are bugs in the game or if this is actually how the system works in Spain.

Firstly, the cup. I don't get entered into the cup, and neither do Villarreal B, is this just because we're 'B' teams? Does this mean I'd be unable to get promoted for some strange reason?

Secondly, how does the whole 'B team' thing work. In England we have a first team and reserve team, entered into completely separate leagues, and the players are interchangeable, whereas occasionally Barca will put a few players into the B team, then take them back at random times.

Thirdly, and this is most likely to be a bug, but every noe and again, my squad almost completely resets itself, with about five of the first team players and a couple of subs remain in the team. Very frustrating when you're not completely familiar with all the names.

Fourthly, training. When I try set players to a training schedule, it instantly gets reset to the default. Bug? Or can I not choose the training?

Finally, transfers. I can sign free agents, offer them contracts and register them, but I can't make offers for players even when I've been set a transfer budget. I can loan players, but can't actually sign anyone on a permanent deal.

You can never play in the same competition as your A team, be that a cup or league in Spain. So even if you win the 2nd division you won't be promoted, and if your A team is relegated to your division you will automatically be dropped down as well wherever you finish.

Not sure on the rest though.

Firstly, the cup. I don't get entered into the cup, and neither do Villarreal B, is this just because we're 'B' teams? Does this mean I'd be unable to get promoted for some strange reason?

Jibby is correct, B teams cannot be entered into the same competition as the senior team

Secondly, how does the whole 'B team' thing work. In England we have a first team and reserve team, entered into completely separate leagues, and the players are interchangeable, whereas occasionally Barca will put a few players into the B team, then take them back at random times.

This is how it should work, the senior manager should have ultimate control on who is placed in the B team & who is promoted to the senior squad.

Thirdly, and this is most likely to be a bug, but every noe and again, my squad almost completely resets itself, with about five of the first team players and a couple of subs remain in the team. Very frustrating when you're not completely familiar with all the names.

If this is linked to issue #2 then I wouldn't call it a bug, if players as just vanishing from all the Barcelona teams then that is probably worth reporting.

Fourthly, training. When I try set players to a training schedule, it instantly gets reset to the default. Bug? Or can I not choose the training?

IMHO this is a bug, as the B team coach you should be in charge of training as one of your key functions is to prepare players for the senior side.

Finally, transfers. I can sign free agents, offer them contracts and register them, but I can't make offers for players even when I've been set a transfer budget. I can loan players, but can't actually sign anyone on a permanent deal.

Again IMHO you should not have any control over transfers, if you feel a players should be sold or released then there should be a system of informing the club director & if they agree then the player leaves.

The same should apply to loan deals, definitely no loans in as you should be developing Barcelona players not those from other teams, if you think a players is not good enough for the B team go back to my initial point of telling the boss & letting him decide.

Archived