On holiday; why?

I have never thought to use the 'Go on holiday' feature & not sure why anyone ever would.

What happens? When would you go? If I take a month off during the season, wouldn't the board get huffy? I am too busy in the close season (best time of the year I reckon) looking to improve the squad.

Anyone tell me a good reason for going on my hols?

When you cba to play a certain game, or you cba to finish the season if you have already won/lost the league. Or you want to get far into the season before you start playing seriously. Alot of different people have different ways to play the game. I personally never holiday, unless I wrap the season up with games to go and then I would holiday the league games.

I only holiday at the start of a long term save and start with one of the cubs that are promoted into the BSN or BSS.

In regards to SuperMonkeyMagic if im in that position with nothing to play for i use the games remaining to bring in 4 or 5 of the u-18's that have not featured much in first team. Gives them great exposure to first team life and in my eyes helps their development.

Tend to play a whole new back four for a couple of games and then a couple of games feature a new look midfield. Also a good chance to test new tactics or set pieces. I love having league games with nothing to play for just to experiment.

Holidaying is useful in multiplayer games if one of your party fails to turn up, just send him on holiday and the rest of you can continue. I hear that some people don't like playing the actual matches, so will holiday each game. That's not for me though, best part of FM in my book.

But the main use of holidaying for me (and other hardcore editors) is for testing purposes when creating new league structures and the like.

Holidaying when managing a club would just ruin FM for me. I like the game stopping so I can check on various things, I like doing things in the summer with my quest to find good players for my team going on and on. And I will never understand why some people skip matches completely either.

The only time I ever use it is when I'm unemployed and waiting for a job to pop up, and even then I wouldn't usually do it because in the past, the game hasn't actually applied for jobs properly for me and I've missed out on some. They might have fixed that by now though, it was a few games ago.

I always holiday through the off-season break, returning a couple of weeks before the squad do. Norway has a long pre-season so I have plenty of time to alter the squad as needed.

Does this mean you miss the contract expiry date so potentially miss alot of frees etc?

I would be worried that a top player would become available cheaply and a rival would sign him while I was holidaying.

Holiday should be removed from the game during the season. It should be made available only when unemployed. - IMO

So that people who enjoy using the feature would be duly shafted for no reason other than you not liking them doing it, and any sort of testing and experiments would be impossible? Yeah, great idea.

So that people who enjoy using the feature would be duly shafted for no reason other than you not liking them doing it' date=' and any sort of testing and experiments would be impossible? Yeah, great idea.[/quote']

Sorry for posting an opinion, you need to lay off the steroids mate. I only use it for a long term save for either progressing through the years or if im unemployed.

Like i said, its my opinion now clam down mate, calm down :D xxxx

Yeah I use it when unemployed and return upon being offered a job... It's also become a useful feature for 'skipping' past a day that crashes the game (obviously not what the feature was designed for), and finally if I'm trying to get into the future, which I sometimes do to start a future game, then it's useful for that too!

Yeah I use it when unemployed and return upon being offered a job... It's also become a useful feature for 'skipping' past a day that crashes the game (obviously not what the feature was designed for), and finally if I'm trying to get into the future, which I sometimes do to start a future game, then it's useful for that too!

Exactly how i use it.

People expect realism within the game, and "holidaying" through matches/games isn't real at all. Could see 'arry and Fergo on holiday during the season lol!!

Exactly how i use it.

People expect realism within the game, and "holidaying" through matches/games isn't real at all. Could see 'arry and Fergo on holiday during the season lol!!

Yeah obviously it's not realistic, but i've got nothing against people using it how they want to really. No skin off nose, just isn't for me!

Holiday should be removed from the game during the season. It should be made available only when unemployed. - IMO

Why should it be removed? If I couldn't holiday inbetween matches it would completely ruin my enjoyment of FM. Holidaying is an option and it does not matter if it is there or not people who want to use it can and people who don't want to can leave it. Also worth noting that holidaying through the odd day has saved peoples saves due to registration issues, there would be a lot of peoples saved ruined without holidaying. You are entitled to your opinion but I don't get why you would want an option removed that can simply be ignored if you do not want to use it.

So you use it during the season as well - why would you want to get rid of the feature? People obviously use it, so it shouldn't be restricted to just the season. If it's there let people use it how they want

I use it for 3 reasons:

1 - Skipping past a crashed day

2 - Holday 30 years in the game to play

3 - If i start unemployed at the start of a LLM game

In no why would i use such an unrealistic feature to "skip" during the pre-season/off-season or through matches i "cant" be arsed to play. Would be a great feature on something like Call of Duty or something, cant be arsed with this level, "holiday"..

And like i said, in my opinion it should be removed/changed for when unemployed only. People want it kept in, and fair enough, thats their opinion and i respect that, just like some of the other topics on this forum. Expressing things which some people agree with and some may not. A game cannot become better without both positive and negitive opinions.

Why should it be removed? If I couldn't holiday inbetween matches it would completely ruin my enjoyment of FM. Holidaying is an option and it does not matter if it is there or not people who want to use it can and people who don't want to can leave it. Also worth noting that holidaying through the odd day has saved peoples saves due to registration issues, there would be a lot of peoples saved ruined without holidaying. You are entitled to your opinion but I don't get why you would want an option removed that can simply be ignored if you do not want to use it.

I do ignore it, when i ever said i dont?? I play the game to my enjoyment, is bought the game i'll play the way i want. Just like in another thread you posted there's nothing wrong with the transfers, when clearly there is. But your opinion is noted and people discuss valid reason either side of the coin.

I ignore the holiday feature, and think it should be removed. If its needed to get past a certain day then great, ive personally never had to holiday through a day to carry on, tbh me mates that play it haven't mentioned this either. But obviously there is something wrong is its a common problem that you have to do this and SI needed to resolve this, rather than fob off a work-around.

I use it for 3 reasons:

1 - Skipping past a crashed day

2 - Holday 30 years in the game to play

3 - If i start unemployed at the start of a LLM game

In no why would i use such an unrealistic feature to "skip" during the pre-season/off-season or through matches i "cant" be arsed to play. Would be a great feature on something like Call of Duty or something, cant be arsed with this level, "holiday"..

And like i said, in my opinion it should be removed/changed for when unemployed only. People want it kept in, and fair enough, thats their opinion and i respect that, just like some of the other topics on this forum. Expressing things which some people agree with and some may not. A game cannot become better without both positive and negitive opinions.

An opinion is fine, but there's no actual benefit for having it removed from the game - if there was, then people might agree with you. otherwise it just comes across as "well I only use it in pre-season, so everybody should do the same".

To be honest i have only used the holiday feature only twice in FM11 took a couple of weeks off in my Stafford game as i was getting stressed and needed to re-evaluate my ideas.

and in my carear game to get a job

I do ignore it, when i ever said i dont?? I play the game to my enjoyment, is bought the game i'll play the way i want. Just like in another thread you posted there's nothing wrong with the transfers, when clearly there is. But your opinion is noted and people discuss valid reason either side of the coin.

I ignore the holiday feature, and think it should be removed. If its needed to get past a certain day then great, ive personally never had to holiday through a day to carry on, tbh me mates that play it haven't mentioned this either. But obviously there is something wrong is its a common problem that you have to do this and SI needed to resolve this, rather than fob off a work-around.

Your argument is falling apart. Your first season a few posts ago for using the holiday feature was to skip a crashed day, yet now you say you've never used it for that, or even heard that problem before now?

So even though a fair few people have already said it's a good feature for skipping a crashed day etc, you would still rather it be removed?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287447-FM12-I-can-t-sell-any-player...-tried-with-10-teams?p=7312777&viewfull=1#post7312777

In that thread I actually said I have not found too much wrong with the transfer system from when I play the game and provided proof. I said I think that there must be something slightly wrong with it due to the number of people complaining but I can only speak from personal opinion.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, this is a good place to say what you think and express your own opinion. Everyone thinks their opinion is right otherwise it wouldn't be their opinion lol.

I play in New Zealand a lot and there are only 14 league games followed by a 4 team play-off, without holidaying a save there would be very boring.

Your argument is falling apart. Your first season a few posts ago for using the holiday feature was to skip a crashed day, yet now you say you've never used it for that, or even heard that problem before now?

So even though a fair few people have already said it's a good feature for skipping a crashed day etc, you would still rather it be removed?

A simple grammer mistake.

I WOULD use the holiday feature if:

1 - I had a crashed day and needed to "holiday" past that particular day. But i haven't, and if thats the only opinon then SI need to re-evaluate the data to make sure it doesnt happen.

But i DO use the holiday, if:

2 - I want a holidayed save in the future, ie to start in the year 2030/2040 etc

3 - Start of as unemployed in a LLM save.

That better for you kid??

And yes, If i bought a brand new 60k Range Rover Evoque (Yes i have btw, in White :D ) and the Air Condition didnt work, and all Range Rover said as a "work around" just open a window. Not actually get to the point of why i have to do that.

Ive said all i wanted to say.

The thing is, there is no benefit to removing it whatsoever but there are plenty of drawbacks. The biggest being for editors, as I mentioned earlier. We may as well close the Editor's Hideaway forum since very few people would be working on projects without the holiday feature.

And yes, If i bought a brand new 60k Range Rover Evoque (Yes i have btw, in White :D ) and the Air Condition didnt work, and all Range Rover said as a "work around" just open a window. Not actually get to the point of why i have to do that.

Do you think Range Rovers shouldn't have windows then? Because that's how removing the holiday function works in your analogy.

A simple grammer mistake.

I WOULD use the holiday feature if:

1 - I had a crashed day and needed to "holiday" past that particular day. But i haven't, and if thats the only opinon then SI need to re-evaluate the data to make sure it doesnt happen.

But i DO use the holiday, if:

2 - I want a holidayed save in the future, ie to start in the year 2030/2040 etc

3 - Start of as unemployed in a LLM save.

That better for you kid??

Ive said all i wanted to say.

1. Am I supposed to be impressed that you have bought a 60k range rover? Was there any need to point that out? Couldn't you have just used the example of 'buying a car'.

2. You've still not answered the simple question that I, and now another has asked - what is the BENEFIT to the game, in getting rid of the holiday feature? Answer: NOBODY will benefit, the game won't benefit and it would just annoy people that use it.

3. You would no longer be able to holiday into the future, or holiday to get a job if they removed the feature

1. Am I supposed to be impressed that you have bought a 60k range rover? Was there any need to point that out? Couldn't you have just used the example of 'buying a car'.

2. You've still not answered the simple question that I, and now another has asked - what is the BENEFIT to the game, in getting rid of the holiday feature? Answer: NOBODY will benefit, the game won't benefit and it would just annoy people that use it.

I've never said it would BENEFIT anybody did i? There are MANY reasons why it should be left in, and many i don't use this particular feature for them reasons.

Like ive said, in my opinion i think it should be removed, which is from my aspect of the game and the way i play it. This doesnt make it:

1 - Right

2 - A benefit or hinderence to anybody

I've expressed my opinion, you may or may not agree with it. Simples.

I've never said it would BENEFIT anybody did i? There are MANY reasons why it should be left in, and many i don't use this particular feature for them reasons.

Like ive said, in my opinion i think it should be removed, which is from my aspect of the game and the way i play it. This doesnt make it:

1 - Right

1 - Right

Good luck using the feature yourself to 1) get a job when unemployed and 2) holiday into the future then, if they ever did remove it on your advice

Typically if you have an idea about changing a game, there's some benefit to somebody, somewhere otherwise it's not really an idea at all is it?

Good luck using the feature yourself to 1) get a job when unemployed and 2) holiday into the future then, if they ever did remove it on your advice

Typically if you have an idea about changing a game, there's some benefit to somebody, somewhere otherwise it's not really an idea at all is it?

This goes to prove you've didnt read my first post, so before i post again, please read what i posted in my very first post. I don't want to have to make it too easy for you, surely you have more intelligence than that.

Speak soon..

This goes to prove you've didnt read my first post, so before i post again, please read what i posted in my very first post. I don't want to have to make it too easy for you, surely you have more intelligence than that.

Speak soon..

And we have a new Keyboard Warrior Champion... Well good luck trying to 2) holiday into the future then. I'm intelligent enough to not suggest getting rid of a feature I use myself

Enjoy your Range Rover

No worries AcidBurn... Well, just to clarify my feelings: I think it's a good feature for starting an umemployed career, for reaching a date far into the future to start a career, check things out and finally to attempt to bypass a troublesome date if an error occurs. I've used it here and there to skip a match or two as well, so don't see any reason to get rid of it whatsoever

And we have a new Keyboard Warrior Champion... Well good luck trying to 2) holiday into the future then. I'm intelligent enough to not suggest getting rid of a feature I use myself

Enjoy your Range Rover

Your argument is actually flawed, so i'll explain, (like teaching a monkey to eat an orange hey)

If the Holiday feature was removed, but made available when the Human Player was unemployed.

1 - If your starting a LLM save, you'll be unemployed. Rendering the feature available to holiday.

2 - If your playing a future game, in MOST cases you'll be unemployed, hense the feature will be available, so you can holiday to your given date/year whatever. I dont think someone who take over a club and THEN holiday into the future for a future save. If people do, people do.

If editors use the holiday feature to do whatever they need to do then fair enough. I am no editor, i do not intend to learn what they do or why they need this. You obviously dont like my opinon, which is fair enough, but without opinons the game wouldn't improve at all and be scripted.

Before you say anything, i DO see reasons why to keep the feature in the game, it seems to benefit ALOT of users and a much used feature. I dont use it for these reasons, so from my gaming experiance, i dont need this feature to be in the game. Again, im NOT saying SI GET RID NOWZ, but offered my reasons why it shouldn't, which to me makes the game less realistic, and i thought that this was ment to mimic real life football managment lives as much as possible (Yes i know creating a manager and placing him to managing any team is unrealistic, just to get that straight)

toot toot..

By that logic, I'd like to remove all currencies other than pounds sterling from the options, since it's the only one I use. I'd also like to get rid of the MLS since I never manage there and the team Manchester United, since I never manage them and have no intention to. :D

Your argument is actually flawed, so i'll explain, (like teaching a monkey to eat an orange hey)

If the Holiday feature was removed, but made available when the Human Player was unemployed.

1 - If your starting a LLM save, you'll be unemployed. Rendering the feature available to holiday.

2 - If your playing a future game, in MOST cases you'll be unemployed, hense the feature will be available, so you can holiday to your given date/year whatever. I dont think someone who take over a club and THEN holiday into the future for a future save. If people do, people do.

If editors use the holiday feature to do whatever they need to do then fair enough. I am no editor, i do not intend to learn what they do or why they need this. You obviously dont like my opinon, which is fair enough, but without opinons the game wouldn't improve at all and be scripted.

Before you say anything, i DO see reasons why to keep the feature in the game, it seems to benefit ALOT of users and a much used feature. I dont use it for these reasons, so from my gaming experiance, i dont need this feature to be in the game. Again, im NOT saying SI GET RID NOWZ, but offered my reasons why it shouldn't, which to me makes the game less realistic, and i thought that this was ment to mimic real life football managment lives as much as possible (Yes i know creating a manager and placing him to managing any team is unrealistic, just to get that straight)

toot toot..

Did you fail to see the moderator post? Clearly you did.

Actually yes, I do join a club before going on holiday to see how tactics work and to reach the future where I then tend to see where I have ended up, or start a new manager at that point. I'm not going to start insulting you as you have, because that's just stupid.

If you see the benefits to the feature, and how it benefits a LOT of people, then i'm just very confused as to why you'd still think it would be best to get rid of it. People bang on about realism all the time, and if it is realistic then yes, it SHOULD still happen, and whilst managing a team too. i.e. every close season, if you need a week away from the game etc.

The fact of the matter is that FM is a simulation of football management, but it isn't trying to be 'Second Life' for football managers otherwise there would be lots of features in that would ruin it as a game, but improve 'realism'. It's a very good feature, which everybody so far INCLUDING yourself see the benefit of, yet you would prefer to see it not in the game. Baffling.

Did you fail to see the moderator post? Clearly you did.

Actually yes, I do join a club before going on holiday to see how tactics work and to reach the future where I then tend to see where I have ended up, or start a new manager at that point. I'm not going to start insulting you as you have, because that's just stupid.

If you see the benefits to the feature, and how it benefits a LOT of people, then i'm just very confused as to why you'd still think it would be best to get rid of it. People bang on about realism all the time, and if it is realistic then yes, it SHOULD still happen, and whilst managing a team too. i.e. every close season, if you need a week away from the game etc.

The fact of the matter is that FM is a simulation of football management, but it isn't trying to be 'Second Life' for football managers otherwise there would be lots of features in that would ruin it as a game, but improve 'realism'. It's a very good feature, which everybody so far INCLUDING yourself see the benefit of, yet you would prefer to see it not in the game. Baffling.

Thanks for your comment.

By that logic, I'd like to remove all currencies other than pounds sterling from the options, since it's the only one I use. I'd also like to get rid of the MLS since I never manage there and the team Manchester United, since I never manage them and have no intention to. :D

Thank you and Well Done.

Archived