Has anyone else started the game with Pacos Ferreira?

Started my first proper FM12 game as Portuguese side Pacos Ferreira purely as they were a top flight club without a manager at the start of the game. Just wondering if anyone else has started out with them and how have/did they get on?

Just over halfway through first season, I'm currently third from bottom in league so very much league over my shoulder but have made it to the semi-finals of the Portuguese Cup.

Quite a challenge so far!!

Sorry for the delay in replying, some interesting posts. Nacional to Champions League in secnod season is impressive.

The video story sounds fascinating, will go and see it.

Deisler26 - how on earth did you better the big three??

Really good challenge and am enjoying it so far.

• 5 months later...

The portuguese league can be a tricky one. The lack of money of every team but the big three is impressive, but it's possible to become one of the big teams.

As an avid player in the portuguese leagues, I advise to always load the argentinian and brazilian leagues, as the players won't mind coming to Portugal, their wages are low and the portuguese league doesn't have restrictions to foreign players.

The main point to succeed is to play in Europe asap. Without the money from the UEFA competitions it becomes harder every season to match the quality of the big three.

Melgarejo should be good on the wing he has a lot of pace.

And i agree with kingjericho, the revenue in Portugal is very low, for a club like Paços you are going to need some Europa League football and to sell a big player now and then to keep the finances in check.

I did, but my save went kaputt halfway through the second season...

I managed a very creditable 5th place in the first season, but our Europan campaign lasted only two games (1-1 away, 2-2 home). Money was indeed an issue because of the tiny stadium... Unfortunately I'll never know how it could have turned out :(

During a journeyman save on FM11 I took over Boavista,They were in the second division but I easily promoted them and finished 5th then 3rd in the coming seasons but really hit a brick wall in Europe. The stadium I had was big which did help although they were not easy to keep n the black. I relied on free transfers and tried loaning from the top 3's reserves. Which became harder as we improved.

Archived