Too many Hattricks, AI performance after red cards.

- My two gripe with this game is the stupid inconsistency of my striker and the number of hattricks he bags. It's either a 9.0+ performance with hattricks in 1 game or a 6.4 performance with no goals. This is a problem with all my main strikers (Klose in the 1st two season) and now Paloschi. Is it because of the tactics I deploy?

- Also, I hate the fact the the AI always go on to win/equalise after they have a player sent off. IMO this is stupidly bugged.

I'm not sure your two gripes are really correct. By nature most strikers are inconsistent and I certainly haven't noticed a trend of too many hat-tricks. And the AI certainly doesn't always go on to win or equalise after a red card so IMO this is not stupidly bugged.

Well take Demba Ba so far this season IRL, he's had two hat tricks, and 2 other goals, so he's only scored in like 4 out of 10 games. It's just how it often is, it'd be boring if a striker always scored 1 goal per game. Also, you cant spot trends amongst such a small number of samples, there's a degree of randomness always, and this randomness could indeed have a player scoring 7.2 every game and scoring 1 goal, or it could have him random like in your games. Also, there is an actual hidden consistency number, which could easily be 1 for your striker (although the reports would tell you if their consistency is that low probably).

Saying something "always" happens isnt really true unless it always happens to everyone.

As for tactics, it probably has an effect. It's possible that your tactic against certain teams or a home or away is just "perfect" so it gets the most out of your striker, wheras against others, it's not too effective so the striker gets marked out the game. I can't give advice, just try not to draw too intent conclusions.

Exactly what I wanted to say! Spot on.

Well take Demba Ba so far this season IRL, he's had two hat tricks, and 2 other goals, so he's only scored in like 4 out of 10 games. It's just how it often is, it'd be boring if a striker always scored 1 goal per game. Also, you cant spot trends amongst such a small number of samples, there's a degree of randomness always, and this randomness could indeed have a player scoring 7.2 every game and scoring 1 goal, or it could have him random like in your games. Also, there is an actual hidden consistency number, which could easily be 1 for your striker (although the reports would tell you if their consistency is that low probably).

Saying something "always" happens isnt really true unless it always happens to everyone.

As for tactics, it probably has an effect. It's possible that your tactic against certain teams or a home or away is just "perfect" so it gets the most out of your striker, wheras against others, it's not too effective so the striker gets marked out the game. I can't give advice, just try not to draw too intent conclusions.

Archived