Steam servers too busy to handle request

i have no idea if this issue has been discussed elsewhere in another thread, but i am growing more and more annoyed at the lack of ideas to fix this problem as everything i have read so far still doesnt help.

ok so i bought FM 12 online as download, downloaded fine in steam but when i go to play the game i get a message saying the game files are been validated and when it hits 100% i get another message saying that the servers are too busy to handle your request.

i really need some help on this or if someone could tell me if there is an update going to be released solving this problem then it would be greatly appreciated.

Usefull information:

I am using a Macbook pro with the osx 10.5

downloaded the game online and obviously steam has to be used to run the game.

tried all sorts of different methods to get the game working i.e. restarting, uninstalling, validating game files, validating cache, changing steams download area but still nothing seems to work :@

can someone please help me!!!!!

Hi,

Can you open Steam, go through the Steam menu to settings, then to Download and Cloud, and change your download region. Then restart and see if that helps?

Failing that - this seems to be the most similar issue I can find record of and might be worth trying? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184734&viewfull=1#post7184734

As a last step - contacting SEGA Customer Services should see you right.

Cheers

Matt

tried the change of download region and still no success. also had a look through the link and still nothing works :S

even tried setting up a new steam account and downloading the game again and still get the same message even for installing the game.

no idea why to do now. do you think there will be an update to resolve this?

Archived