These injuries are a joke

So I have sat and played the past few weeks looking at people complaining about injuries thinking "yeh i get a few but we survive" But this now has just gone too far. So I am a few season in ad about 2 season ago I signed Abel Hernandez, he stil hasnt gone a season without a major injury this season is worse though.

He started the season in fine form 15 goals in 19 match, then chelsea injure him. Ohh well ill bring on Nilmar, He made 6 starts scoring 7 goals before being injured.

Abel was out for 4 months and isnt back by January, so i splashed the cash and 52million on a brand new striker. I am malaga got a new chairman who gives alot of money in comparison to the old one. Well new striker scores 7 goals in his first 4 games...before going and getting injured and out for 6 weeks. This is rediculous!

To make it better I also signed a new defensive mid, he just scored his first goal then get injured for 2 weeks as well. It is like the game notes when your players are doing well and 'bang!' shoots them down. I am pretty sure these injuries are the only thing between me and a title. One season without them and I am sure we can win it, but not so far and I have been in charge 6 seasons and I am into season 7 and still no sign of a season without a major injury to basically all key players at some point in the season.

Okay rant over.

I am using normal midfield training then on striker I made my own just mirroring the normal ones but with higher Attacking focus or _Defensive focus to help improve them. Its not in training the injuries come, its always in matches. Was just thinking, would improving strength help at all.

To be fair, Abel H is indeed very injury prone, so I'm not really surprised by him spending as much time on the injury list as on the pitch...

I've noticed an odd amount of injuries myself, but mostly in my Reserve/Youth Team, where I suppose players are not that strong/resilient... Actually thus far I can't complain about the realism of injuries.

I have some injury prone players in my squad and they've been getting injured in a plausible way, just they way I expected them to. Sure it's frustrating when your inbox is filled with "X has suffered a stubbed toe and will be out for 2 weeks" messages, but all in all injuries are one of the less unrealistic parts of the game.

So far from playing half a season I think there is not enough injuries.

I am playing in the dutch league though, maybe its worse in the Premier League with all those crazy tackles...

(Injuries are fine, it can be random, stop whining or play Hello Kitty Online)

I had David Silva my new £50 million signing end up injured for 8 months 15 games into his Malaga career. My other signing Jesus Navas broke his leg after 11 games and then around the same time Javi Martinez also broke his leg. The yet another new signing Nigel de Jong was injured for 6 weeks.

even if Abel is injury prone it doesnt exlpain a broken foot one yera, a "straing muscle" for a couple of months the next. It also doesnt explain why Nilmar, Altidore and Palacio all got injured within 3 weeks of each other and left me strikerless for a few weeks. Why pay for David Silva, i took him on loan 3 yeras in a row and paid about 5 million in fees in total. Worked wonderfully.

even if Abel is injury prone it doesnt exlpain a broken foot one yera, a "straing muscle" for a couple of months the next. It also doesnt explain why Nilmar, Altidore and Palacio all got injured within 3 weeks of each other and left me strikerless for a few weeks. Why pay for David Silva, i took him on loan 3 yeras in a row and paid about 5 million in fees in total. Worked wonderfully.

If its all your strikers then take a look at the strikers training. Also check out how demnading you are been on them in a game, are you leaving them with condition what is way to low?

I had to pay for him because he was playing 40 games a season for Man City and winning world player of the year zero chance of getting him on loan.

It isnt just the strikers it is also center backs defensive mids all over the pitch except keeper, although I have had a month long injury to a keeper, but one injury to akeeper in 7 seasons sounds normal to me.

The only reason I mention the strikers is this is what affects me the most, the lack of goals.

I had to pay for him because he was playing 40 games a season for Man City and winning world player of the year zero chance of getting him on loan.

That is really unluck as on mine Silva was not liked and therefore I got him very easily, he left at the end of his contract and wanted to come in but by this point I had enugh players to not need him.

That is really unluck as on mine Silva was not liked and therefore I got him very easily, he left at the end of his contract and wanted to come in but by this point I had enugh players to not need him.

It was similar on my other save he was hardly playing at City but he wouldn't join Sunderland lol.

Just checked my injury table, we are top! with 8 injuries. and At. Madrid is second with 5. that seems a bit unfair to me. the injury times are: 6 with a minimum of 5 weeks and other 2 about 2 weeks. One of the players is out for 3-4 months how kind.

I've played through 5 seasons and I think the amount of injuries is just about right, i've had seasons with no major injuries, some with a lot of minor injuries and another where my two best players went down for 4 months and 9 months respectively but I have no issues with it whatsoever.

I remember last year on FM11 my star £30m regen striker went down with the same knee ligament injury three years running, now that was anoying!

I have 24 players and at any given time this season we have had atleast 4 injured, wether this is hulk, altidore, nilmar, hernandez. It is always the front players very rare the people who play in the defensive half. By front players i mean attacking mids and strikers.

There do seem to be a lot of long-term injuries in this year's game, I had 4 broken legs in 1 calendar year as Norwich lol...4 different players. My training is on medium, default intensity, and I always rotate my whole team for every game, so not sure why this was happening. I think 4 broken legs in 1 year is slightly over the top personally!

I don't seem to get that many short-term injuries at all really, they are nearly always medium-long term ones.

What versions are you all playing? I'm still playing 12.0.3 or whatever it is, and i've not noticed anything abnormal about injuries whatsoever. I have so far, after playing about 5 different seasons in different games, encountered pretty realistic looking injuries. I've had one major injury over those games, and what I would describe as a realistic amount of shorter term injuries.

Let me ask the obvious, how many physio's do you have and what are attributes like?

Seeing as how they play a roll in preventing injuries and 'reinjuries' and they also have a workload (tending to the injured) these waves of injuries usually happens when the player has one or two mediocre physios. Oncea couple of injuries occur there is less preventive work being done, causing the rest of the squad being more injury prone, cue the vicious cycle.

I think frequency of injury is fine. The problem is there is too many long-term injury. Every season, I got some players out for at least 2 month. In my game, I have to build a 26 man first team to deal with this problem.

In real life, most frequency injuries make players out for 1-2 week. In FM12, players can get themselves out for 2-5 month easily. I hope SI to turn down long-term injury a bit in next patch.

Well I have not looked at my physios but I shall do this when I next go on. But last night I got Abel Hernandey back from his 3rd injury of the season with 3 games left, so I put him on the bench for the first two of these to get him some match practise, start him in the third of these and within 30 mins another injury to him. That made a total of 4 injuries in just the one season, first one had him out September - End of Jan, then two medium length (3-5weeks) then this one of the last day of the season is another 2-3month injury.

The key to your injuries could be at the start of the season. How thorough is your pre-season fitness training? Do you have a special training regime to boost team fitness and do you play enough friendlies to get your squad up to full match fitness? Do you play players when they are not match fit, because doing so will increase their chance of injury?

My pre season is normally thourgh enough with players getting to 100% fitness 1 or 2 games left of pre season. The only probs come when its the world cup or such competition as then players need more rest as you well know. But of cause I dont play them when unfit, hence sitting a player of Abel Hernandez quality on the bench for two games even though he was able to play.

My pre season is normally thourgh enough with players getting to 100% fitness 1 or 2 games left of pre season. The only probs come when its the world cup or such competition as then players need more rest as you well know. But of cause I dont play them when unfit, hence sitting a player of Abel Hernandez quality on the bench for two games even though he was able to play.

Well that rules out pre-season then. You'd be surprised at the number of people I've seen comment on too many injuries and it then turns out they don't bother with pre-season. For that reason I had to ask. :D

I think maybe it could be the physios as I know I havnt changed these since joining the club but I cant check until tonight when I get home.

What I find with pre season is you as the manager should do it, as if you let your assistant then he will mainly use the reserves and youth team all the time, therefore not getting your proper players ready, I normally rotate for the first few matches but then last 2 I will try to choose the starting 11 I aim to go with on opening day and then treat the match as if its a real match only making more than 3 subs if I need to due to extreme tiredness

Archived