Unreasonable limitation on wages?

Anyone feel that the cap on the wage you can offer a player is sometimes unreasonable?

I'm trying to sign Ibrahimovic for Juve on a free transfer, I'm currently spending £1,525,000 a week on wages of a possible £1,833,000 a week. So presumably I have about £310,000 a week available for wages, yet the maximum I can offer him is £77,000.

Granted, the man wants pretty much the WHOLE of my remaining wage budget which might be a bit extreme, but the board capping it at £77 grand a week seems a bit ridiculous especially considering it's Ibrahimovic on a free, the man's a monster. Can I offer him more somehow?

Of course I might be missing something here...

The board probably don't want you spending such a large chunk on 1 player. If he flops or gets injured you are paying massive money for nothing. I guess you have already given him 'key player' status? You could try locking the wage offer at £77,000 and see if he will negotiate on the other fees in the contract.

Have you tried adjusting your budget? Move all your finances into wages and then move it back after you sign him. Dont understand why it wont allow you to use the remaining salary but it is away around it. You could also ask the board for more wages too, another temporary solution to your problem.

I've certainly posted this before, the game needs a 'break wage structure for this player' board request & much more flexibility to define the limits of the wage structure or even scrap it should the circumstances be right.

Considering all the other stuff that finds its way into the game this surely can't be too difficult to implement.

This wage structure nonsense does nothing but annoy me, it isn't even close to being realistic. My FCV Dender team in Belgium (when i was in my first season in the top league) had an awesome AMC wanting to sign for us, but he wanted £800 a week after negotiation, my maximum was £700. So for the sake of £100 we missed out on a player that was miles above any of the player i had at the time.

In real life the board would have seen he's a top player and just offered him the contract he's after.

I've had this and believe it's a bug as the amount of I could offer a player went down and then back up in the space of a couple of days without me making any signings.

Exact same situation as you, lots of money spare but couldn't offer it. Then suddenly I tried again and it was fine.

More interaction from the board would help...i.e why, where you have £300k spare wage budget, they cap these offers to £77k. Ibramovich's age (32 here??) might well be the reason but it would be nice to know the logic (or lack of) to having the offer salary capped so low.

The spare 'wage budget' doesn't seem to reflect what you can offer. I've had similar.

Archived