Corners :(

I've even got to the point where I don't even apply match preparation to defending set pieces any more because it's ridiculous, and i've resorted to utilising a corner bug I found, so I score about as many as I concede now so at least it's barable.

Well i score about as many corners as i concede it's just something i like to see toned down. Last season every team in my division scored 10+ corners, the top team had 19 i think. My center back with a staggering 8 for heading have scored 10 goals so far and it isn't even christmas yet.

This is doing my head in more and more. I score a lot of corners, but I concede even more. It seems that every game that I concede a goal in, you can guarantee at least one of them will be a set piece.

Time to spend hours trying to work out a good defensive tactic for set pieces!

One tip I read somewhere is not to waste your full backs standing on the posts, when they are probably better defenders than other players you have marking. I noticed a definite drop in the number of goals conceded once I put my wingers on the posts and put my full backs on to marking.

One tip I read somewhere is not to waste your full backs standing on the posts, when they are probably better defenders than other players you have marking. I noticed a definite drop in the number of goals conceded once I put my wingers on the posts and put my full backs on to marking.

me too - just makes sense!

Archived