Manager of the year. Seriously?

Red nose won it after winning the FA cup and getting to the Champs league final (yet to be played).

Woy Hodgson got second for finishing 9th and losing the league cup final with West Brom.

Mancini of Man city finishes 3rd for, umm, well, I haven't got a clue because they didn't win anything or even get to a final. Maybe he won it for being at a mega rich club?

So I guess me winning the EPL for the fisrt time since 1990 with Liverpool isn't really much of a big deal and not worthy of a top 3 manager finish?

did u holiday any games? becuase assistant manager gets credit for the games he plays now not u

We have a winner!

I did holiday for half a season and I guess thats the problem.

Anybody else think the assistant getting credit is daft if you holiday?

i think i preffered it when u got the credit for going on holiday but i aint too bothered about it.. would be nice if u got like 50% of the credit tho, seeing as he's using my tactics and my starting line up, with the players i bought for the club.. I usually holiday about 10% of the season

@tomtuck01 - I never suggested I should win manager of the year. I think you're completely missing the point here - look at who got in the top three.

@alexyfoot - Again, you've completely missed the point.

I give up :rolleyes:

@tomtuck01 - I never suggested I should win manager of the year. I think you're completely missing the point here - look at who got in the top three.

This quote, from your opening post, definitely suggests that you thought you should have won it;

So I guess me winning the EPL for the fisrt time since 1990 with Liverpool isn't really much of a big deal and not worthy of a top 3 manager finish?

Something to consider. Managers that lead teams to do better than what is expected of them should be considered. For example Hodgson with West Brom.

I would think that someone managing a team that everybody thinks is a sure bet to go down but they finish four or five position clear of relegation should be nominated for first place manager of the year

dking, who do you think should have won it then?

You've not exactly given too much information about the other contenders, obviously you are out of the running because you were playing as a Director of Football for half a season & your assman is also out of picture for similar reasons so I guess that leaves the chap who finished 2nd, any chance that was Fergie?

dking, who do you think should have won it then?

You've not exactly given too much information about the other contenders, obviously you are out of the running because you were playing as a Director of Football for half a season & your assman is also out of picture for similar reasons so I guess that leaves the chap who finished 2nd, any chance that was Fergie?

I thought I made it pretty clear who came where and what they won or didn't win.

I thought I made it pretty clear who came where and what they won or didn't win.

Not clear enough, from what I know Liverpool won the league with a combination of you & your assman, Man. City finished 3rd & West Brom finished 9th, that still leaves 2nd, 4th, 5th & 6th if teh latter two places were taken by a team predicted to finish lower than 15th

Unless there was a surprise team in in the top 6 or Man Utd were utter pish in the league then I think it is perfectly acceptable for Sir Alex to win the MotY title for securing the FA Cup & possibly the Champions League.

Finally we have unearthed the root of Liverpool’s problems and why they have gone SO LONG without winning the league. The manager just needs to spend half the season on the beaches of sunny Spain, not answering his cellphone, and then they’ll win the league!!!

But then, in typical scouser form, the manager will still demand the manager of the year award even though he was drunk on tequila for half the season.

“Hey! Where’s that there award though? I could sell tha!”

We have a winner!

Anybody else think the assistant getting credit is daft if you holiday?

I've literally lost count of the amount of fundamental issues I have with FM, but this one I agree with entirely.

No because he did the work.

Not really, he did exactly what I told him to do. He didn't sign the players, pick the formation or have to change anything apart from when a player got injured. I suppose he did team talks, but he does those anyway so does that mean he should share manager of the year with me? Or get it himself?

It's daft with so many grey areas. If I'm on holiday for five years and win the quadruple every season does that mean I will never be recognised as a good manager? Is this some sort of move on SI's part to stop people holidaying? Why is there now a sort of punishment for going on holiday? I didn't know that was frowned upon, and if it is frowned upon then who are they to tell me how I should play my game? I just cannot fathom why it has been put in. Is it supposed to be realism? If thats the case then the counter argument to that is: if I go on holiday for five years, in reality, I'm getting sacked.

It's daft with so many grey areas. If I'm on holiday for five years and win the quadruple every season does that mean I will never be recognised as a good manager? Is this some sort of move on SI's part to stop people holidaying? Why is there now a sort of punishment for going on holiday? I didn't know that was frowned upon, and if it is frowned upon then who are they to tell me how I should play my game? I just cannot fathom why it has been put in. Is it supposed to be realism? If thats the case then the counter argument to that is: if I go on holiday for five years, in reality, I'm getting sacked.

If you holiday for 5 years you cannot claim to be the manager, if the job wasn't so public then perhaps your lazy attitude to management would go unnoticed & as such awards would come your way.

Stop being such a child over this non-issue. :D

The issue is that the "holiday" feature is used as a "skip this match because I don't enjoy watching all the games" feature rather than a "let assistant take over" feature. Some users want to be able to quickly skip a match because their "work" has been done before that.

Not a bad thing, after all - titles are won with results on and off the pitch.

Is he seriously wondering why he didn't win Manager of the Year when he was on holiday for half of it?? It would be a bug if he did win it. The game should sack him after he's on the beach for match 2, not award him!! :D

Sheesh.

No, he wondered why (after winning EPL) he did not even feature in top 3 !!

This has been answered by pointing out that he went on holiday for a large part....cannot understand why so many on here, failed to get his point and/or flamed him unfairly :rolleyes:

Not a bad thing, after all - titles are won with results on and off the pitch.

Which is why you should control both areas to be in contention to win awards.

Which is why you should control both areas to be in contention to win awards.

Or that the game needs a "quick simulate" option to skip the match, as some users seem to want such an option.

If users want to explicitly send their assistant, they should be able to do that as well, but "quick simulate" does not do that.

No, he wondered why (after winning EPL) he did not even feature in top 3 !!

This has been answered by pointing out that he went on holiday for a large part....cannot understand why so many on here, failed to get his point and/or flamed him unfairly :rolleyes:

But then he didn't win it, did he??

Not flaming him, I couldn't care less how he plays, but to whinge about lack of realism and then say it's realistic that he's on holiday for 6 months and not been sacked seems wonky to me. But hey, each to their own. ;)

If users want to explicitly send their assistant, they should be able to do that as well, but "quick simulate" does not do that.
The problem with a quick simulate option is that it would probably rely too heavily of club reputation & the raw player attributes, we'd end up with even more threads saying the game is too easy because players are taking away one of the key aspects of the game that the player can screw up.

Having a director of football position be playable would be a fair compromise, the job will allow the player to deal with all the off field activities (transfers/contracts, hiring staff, maybe training/tactics advice) & leave the match day to your Head Coach who like any other AI manager is capable of making mistakes.

The problem with a quick simulate option is that it would probably rely too heavily of club reputation & the raw player attributes, we'd end up with even more threads saying the game is too easy because players are taking away one of the key aspects of the game that the player can screw up.

I don't think so. The engine can remain the same. After all, the game can simulate a whole matchday of AI-AI matchups within seconds (i.e. start a game unemployed, show the Premier League on full detail, continue through the matchday, results obtained within seconds). Quick simulate just does something similar - i.e. a different engine relying on club reputation and raw player attributes is not required.

The game doesn't take ~15 minutes to simulate a match (the duration of the game on full match mode).

Having a director of football position be playable would be a fair compromise, the job will allow the player to deal with all the off field activities (transfers/contracts, hiring staff, maybe training/tactics advice) & leave the match day to your Head Coach who like any other AI manager is capable of making mistakes.

That too, but I think a one-off "quick simulate" button wouldn't be a bad idea (DoF implies "quick simulate" is turned on for every match - not always the desired result).

But then he didn't win it, did he??

Not flaming him, I couldn't care less how he plays, but to whinge about lack of realism and then say it's realistic that he's on holiday for 6 months and not been sacked seems wonky to me. But hey, each to their own. ;)

There are just too many idiotic posts in this thread to reply to them all and I just cant be bothered.

I do want to know one thing though - when did this forum fill up with complete imbeciles who post absolute nonsense that has nothing to do with what has been discussed within a thread?

If you holiday for 5 years you cannot claim to be the manager, if the job wasn't so public then perhaps your lazy attitude to management would go unnoticed & as such awards would come your way.

Stop being such a child over this non-issue. :D

Sorry for being childish and lazy (I know, how petulant of me to ask questions and dare to holiday for half a season), but my inner child still wants to know why it's been changed.

There are just too many idiotic posts in this thread to reply to them all and I just cant be bothered.

I do want to know one thing though - when did this forum fill up with complete imbeciles who post absolute nonsense that has nothing to do with what has been discussed within a thread?

:D Nice one, I like that. The great thing about the internet is that you can gob off, call everyone that has a different opinion to yourself an idiot, clueless and just 'not getting it' whilst safe in the knowledge that you're right, a genius etc etc without any come back.

So calm down son. Does it matter?? Nah. ;)

Sorry for being childish and lazy (I know, how petulant of me to ask questions and dare to holiday for half a season), but my inner child still wants to know why it's been changed.
iirc in one of the other threads on this issue someone from SI said that it was a deliberate decision as they felt it was inappropriate for someone to benefit from manager of the month/year awards if the were not playing the game as a full time manager.

There are some who feel this was an unnecessary change however the common consensus has been in favour of SI's decision so I can only assume that the change has been vindicated.

Answer to your question is: 22nd November 2007.

This thread should be pinned to the top.

:D Nice one, I like that. The great thing about the internet is that you can gob off, call everyone that has a different opinion to yourself an idiot, clueless and just 'not getting it' whilst safe in the knowledge that you're right, a genius etc etc without any come back.

So calm down son. Does it matter?? Nah. ;)

Well at least you know who you are ;)

Not really, he did exactly what I told him to do. He didn't sign the players, pick the formation or have to change anything apart from when a player got injured. I suppose he did team talks, but he does those anyway so does that mean he should share manager of the year with me? Or get it himself?

The AI doesn't know you're on holiday, it wouldn't affect the outcome of MotY.

We have a winner!

Anybody else think me not getting credit is daft if i holiday?

Why did you even holiday? And its easy getting liverpool to top of the table right?

You either get lots of money, or you already got a whole team of stars (or rather your team is made up of many stars)

I had a youth player that got youth player of the year, He only played 2 games and scored 3 goals... He came first and the others had like 20+ games for runner up and 3rd placed youth of the year... rofl it's awesome to get youth player of the year after playing 2 games.

Have to say I'm very happy with the way this award is given now.

Roy Hodgson got it in my game for finishing 8th and winning the FA Cup with West Brom. Deserved winner, I'd say.

Sir Alex finished runner-up for winning the EPL

and I finished 3rd for finishing 6th with Newcastle and having two semi-final cup runs.

It seems that performance is now much more valued in relation to the expectations which I fully agree with :)

Archived