Dynamic league attendance

Hi All,

I'm back to FM after a while and I'm enjoying it. However I have a question that bothers me and I've tried searching the forums but never really got an answer.

I'm currently playing Eger (Hungarian Div 2 East) klub, with a low reputation. I've been promoted to the 'premier' league with a massive reputation boost. I'm currently mid table and planning on challenging for titles next season. I plan on reaching CL in 2 years and going through to the knock out phase in 4 years.

Now, I do understand that dynamic league now allows for higher calibre players to be brought to the club. However I do not see any massive increase in attendance. Is this primarily due to the population (I doubt it's modelled in the game). Or theoretically, if I climb to the top of the reputation chain, will I be getting attendances competing with the likesof real madrid? (With appropriate stadion expansions of course).

I think it is down to population and reputation. So, I don't think you'll ever get as a big attendances as Real Madrid for a long time. Obviously the better you do the more fans you should get, but until you get the Hungarian league to the same level as the Spanish league you'll struggle to get as many fans.

That's a bit confusing.

Is it down to "Population" and reputation OR only reputation?

You say that theoretically it is possible if I get the Hungarian league to the same level as the Spanish league. But if it does infact take other criteria into account (eg: population) then it isn't.

I would really be interested because on the long run a CL winning side would be unsustainable financially for smaller nations.

My understanding is that it's a bit of both.

Each club is assigned to a city, which has a population range. It naturally follows that the attendance range for Tinyville (population 2,000) can never be as high as London, Madrid, Paris, even Budapest in this case. As a club's reputation increases, so does its attendance in order to reflect its increased appeal, but it'll happen much more gradually for a club based in Tinyville than one in a larger city.

I hope this answers your query.

It depends on your stadium size, but if you are successfull the attendances will increase. I played as Budafok last year and by by 2046 had a 55000 stadium and was getting about 45-50K in most games. Mind you i had won 20 consectives league titles and 2 CL, also the club is situated in Budapest.

I think population does play a part, look on the editor for the size of the town/city, having said that look at some big clubs and see how many fans come from outside the area. People always support successful clubs so rep plays a part especially if the club wins things.

I think this model is a bit flawed as well. I was playing as Elche in FM11 and even after winning 3 primera liga in a row and 2 champions league, i couldn't get the attendance over 30000. In real life, you'd get glory hunters from the region around you as well not just from your city/town. Everyone loves a good underdog story.

I was fully expecting at least 20 000 valencia 'fans' to defect to me! :D

That's a bit confusing.

Is it down to "Population" and reputation OR only reputation?

You say that theoretically it is possible if I get the Hungarian league to the same level as the Spanish league. But if it does infact take other criteria into account (eg: population) then it isn't.

I would really be interested because on the long run a CL winning side would be unsustainable financially for smaller nations.

Pardon me if im wrong. But i remember hearing people saying population DO count towards the attendance. Thats why people tend to create stadium in London for their new club(editor)

Reputation do count too, thats for sure :D

Archived