Boardroom Interaction

I'm frustrated.

And no, I don't mean sexually!

I'm managing Stade Rennais in France. I'm in my 3rd season, and progressing nicely with my project.

And now, my board are after selling one of my left backs to Toulouse. It wasn't a particularly earth-shattering offer (£900k upfront, and 130k a month for 30 months, plus 20% of any profit from selling him on - £4.8million in total), yet the board saw it as an offer they couldn't refuse, and in doing so, they are undermining me, and jeopardising my plans.

And I can't do a damn thing about it!! I can't go to the board and ask why, or reason with them not to. Really frustrating. I can't even talk to the player about it, and persuade him not to sign for them (probably not allowed in real-life?).

I now want to leave, as I'm worried that if someone makes a decent offer for any of my star players (I still have M'Vila), they board will do the same...

I'm sure people have experienced the same thing. I wrote years ago about the lack of manager power in the game, and it has improved, but it's still lacking...

:(

Finances are fine, nearly £6million in the bank.

I wasn't really looking to see how to stop this from happening. I was more venting about the lack of interaction options available to deal with this kind of situation.

After my outburst at the press conference, nothing has happened. Not a single thing. Unless "under-the-hood" it has....

After my outburst at the press conference, nothing has happened. Not a single thing. Unless "under-the-hood" it has....

I can assure you it hasn't. That PC question has no consequences whatsoever. Neither the board nor the fans will ever react to it. In fact you'll probably still be blamed by the fans for the sale of the player (if they were fond of him).

Archived