Agents offering players

Is this system really working as intended? I'm managing a semi-professional second division Swedish club but the agents keep offering me South American players that are all way better than what I have in my team currently. What's more, pretty much every one of them who's not contracted to someone is willing to travel half-way around the world to have a trial. At the prospect of playing semi-pro football on about £250 p/w. As tempted as I am to sign them all up I can't help but feel I'm exploiting a feature that isn't quite as well thought out as it should be. Thoughts?

I'm not sure of this at your level because I am currently in the Championship (just been promoted from League 1). However, I am finding this a very useful part of the game in terms of me being able to improve my squad. I initially had problems findings suitable players available for free who were decent enough for the championship due to my lack of scouting knowledge. Now, however, I get the occassional message where a player fitting my needs and attributes better than the majority of my team appears. I also find that their wage etc also fits quite nicely within my budgets. Maybe this is because as I said before you are managing in a much lower league.

You don't get to choose what players get offered to you. Have you checked where these South American players last played. They could have played in Europe which wouldn't make it that bad for them to be offered to you. They won't just be offered to you and they would be offered to other clubs as well. I don't think it has anything to do with your scouting and I guess it's just a case of an agent trying to earm his client and himself some money. If they haven't played in Europe before then it does seem a little bit odd. You probably already know this but you can filter the sort of players you get offered.

Some of them have played in Europe, some haven't. The earning money bit is what makes this weird as my club don't really have too much of it. I guess it's partly down to the problem with the lack of AI activity in the transfer market since there should be better clubs out there picking up these players but they don't.

In a save that i put up effort in youth development, agents started offering me some really good prospects and it felt right and a great adiition to FM. At the moment i had promoted one youngster in the first team and with some really impressive performances to introduce himself. You're managing a semi-professional second division Swedish. Is there any similarity like did you sign/sell or trained any south american that he is really imressive? If there are some actions that gained the trust of some agents then i dont see why its not well thought

Archived