Hard challenge on FMH?

Anyone ever came up with any challenges in the game which are genuinely really difficult?

I've recently finished a 30 season game where I started at Hayes and Yeading United and went on to win everything in England, Spain, Italy and portugal having managed Hayes and Yeading, Real madrid, Sporting Lisbon, Roma, Aston Villa, Barcelona, Inter Milan and then made a return to Hayes and Yeading for the last few seasons of my career. It was pretty satisfying to finish the 30 seasons but didn't seem that challenging since I won something like 23 top division league titles and 80 cups in my 30 seasons including about 15 champions cups.

I'm looking for some little challenges to set myself during a similar career which will make it harder, thought about things like never signing a player from a former club, only signing domestic players for the country i'm in or while building the initial small club up giving every single player a big club release clause to make it harder to stroll through the lower leagues. Even thought about limiting myself to only signing bosmans but not sure how it would work out.

Just looking for some thoughts or experiences from others on making the game a bit harder or more realistic so any ideas welcome...

Has anyone ever tried something like making £1billion profit on transfers? In my 30 season game I sold players worth more than 1billion but spent more than I sold. Not sure how difficult it would be to make an actual profit of 1 billion, thinking it could be quite tough if you tried it in a country out of the top 4 (england, germany, italy and spain) while also succeeding in taking the club from the bottom division to being competitive in the champions league at the same time.

Think i'm going to try this just now starting with a bottom division french club.

I think it's all about how much time you are willing to invest. £1bi is an average profit of just over £33M per year - if you play the whole 30 seasons. I just see it as a real challenge if you're playing in Australia, as all other countries can easily sell players for over £10M.

could be right but I think you pretty much have to right off the first 5 or 6 seasons because you will be building up so £33m a year isn't really accurate and also if you play in france for example it takes a while before you're players start to command top prices, you really have to have won the champions league and established the club as a top club before you are able to get anywhere near £10-20m for a player, i'm gonna give it a go in france and see where I am after 5 seasons.

Suppose when you think of it like that you can actually have 72 players on your books so it really would actually be quite easy to sell 10-20 players every pre season and have a ready made replacement in the reserves, might just acknowledge that this isn't really too difficult and think of something else.

Well, it can be tough if you play in Australia ;)

But if you're interested in more ideas, here you can find a list of tough challenges created by the community: Challenges

My suggestions:

As I mentioned before, there's the Unemployed Challenge, which only one person managed to finish in 2011.

The Pride of Your Country is one of the favourites from the community, where you need to demote/sell all foreign players and only sign national ones.

The 1000 goal challenge focuses on getting one player to score 1000 goals - extremely hard but completed twice ;)

And that's something I created: The English challenge. Still eludes me :p

Archived