Just a promise reminder or doesn't the game notice you kept your promise?

I just received two promise reminders which were however worded as if I hadn't kept my promises and now I'm wondering if there is just a misleading wording to an otherwise welcome reminder or whether the game just doesn't recognise that I have kept my promises.

I guess many of you will have had the same message of which I cannot recall the exact wording right now, but it goes along the lines that the player considers taking further steps if the promises isn't kept soon.

I promised my midfielder Alan Smith to offload him at the earliest opportunity (which was a promise I could easily give him :D). In winter he's listed for free and offered for free to other clubs 4 times before I get the message. I even offered mutual termination to him which he refused.

Second case was my midfielder Gilberto who regularly switched between the bench and the stand, getting the occasional sub appearance when I gave him the promise that he'll get some chances in the first team. The then immediately got 3 matches in the starting line-up (another promise I could make easily as 3 of my midfielders were away at the African Nations Cup) before I got the reminder.

Have you experienced this as well? Is the reminder message a bit misleading or is it indeed not a reminder but a sign that the game didn't recognise that I kept both promises fully before getting the messages? What do you feel about this?

Keep all your players happy. I made some promises of a similar nature and come the end of the tramsfer window, I had about 5 players all get abysmal morale and request transfers. I had to grovel to keep them happy. I did it though :D.

I try and do my best :)

I believe that I kept both of my promises fully already before getting these messages, so in this case I really wonder what the point of these messages was.

Well, I promised him a chance in the first team, which he got for 3 matches and then blew :D But still, it was a serious chance for a number of successive games and had he excelled he would have played for more.

What I don't understand is whether this wasn't enough under the promise (it should be, though) or whether I just misunderstand the reminder message.

I promised a player I'd send him out on loan as he wasn't getting first team football. So I did. Two months later, while he is still out on loan, my assistant reminds me of the promise and advised the player may have to take things further.

That's exactly the news item I'm on about.

Seems then that the game just doesn't recognise promises being kept :(:thdn: so maybe one for the bugs forum...

What you can next time though, if there is a next time. Pick the option where you can say, "last time I gave you a chance you didn't take it" or whatever it is. That option is on calmly iirc. Not sure if it's on any of the other tones.

Did that today and was rewarded with morale going down by one step :(

I sold Obi Mikel and Cech was unhappy at the squad getting weakened. I promised him I would strengthen the squad. In the same transfer window I signed, Baines, Rodwell and Tevez. Rodwell who had the same CA and PA star rating as Obi was brought in to replace him and help with the HG status and to stop me losing both my DM's to African Nations Cup.

I got the same promise reminder 1 day before the window shut. It shut and we continued with the season and not another word from Cech.

Archived