Sucks to be promoted....

After 2 seasons I have managed to get promoted with Tranmere Rovers and now everything appears like it's going to go downhill fast.

It's impossible to loan anyone from the prem because they all want wage contributions higher than I'm allowed to make, there is no negotiation with clubs on this.

Still can't sign anyone half decent because my club rep is still crap, so I'm now stuck with Brandy and Dalla Valle upfront in the championship, and no players to spend any of my 350k on.

Help?

• SI Staff

Look for players abroad who might be interested in a chance in the English leagues .. ditto with loans?

Finally don't underestimate lower division players there will often be a few gems waiting to be found and as a last restort just go for a physical and organised team and try and fight your way to safety ..

Try doing a player search for players under 21 with technique, passing, stamina and teamwork all around 12+ and the value 0-100k, and then go through each player that pops up looking for those gems that mark mentioned. After a couple of seasons there are guaranteed to be a few real stars available really cheap - 350k should buy you almost a full squad of players that will have huge re sale values in a few seasons time.

Another tip is the obvious bosman players, in january do a search for players with similar stats to what i mentioned above and set the contract to expiring and you are certain to get quite a few great signings from that.

Other thing i'd say is that from my experience 2 up front is no good, either play 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 and make sure you have a proper bull dozer centre forward with good heading and wingers with good crossing.

Start at re back, if you have a sold defence you will get not points than if you lose 4-3 every game despite it being boring as such.

What I recommend doing is searching 10+ on the main attributes for the player you want with the biggest one being 15. These will then last you to the top league and beyond. Put on a filter of £0-100k in value and if you want either 0-21 (which I wouldn't recommend for starting XI experience wise) or 19-25/20-30. Look for players aged 23-28 as these will be in their peak and provide your squad's backbone.

Another thing is having stamina, teamwork, passing, strength and pace always on 10+ for them aged players.

Remember - Backbone is a GK, DCs, MC, Wide player and SC. Don't be across to play 442 with a DMC and a box to box midfielder as you may need to be slightly defensive but on an a balanced mentality, as long as you cover the width and have someone up front and someone to get it to the front from defence you will be fine (England v Spain for example).

Good luck :).

Archived