And yet i still love this game

So 26/11/2020 i take over a struggling Ipswich side, 19th in the Championship. Spending money like it was going out of fashion the club had an annual wage expense of £23m. I have an average start of 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats before moving onto a run of 7 wins in a row. As i move into the transfer window i sign 6 players for just under £1m in total and set about lowering the wages. I manage to off load a couple of high earners and set about trying to finish as high as possible.

I continue on good form in general and the fans and board are in love with a regen defender i picked on a free. We reach the playoffs despite having the 16th best home form over the season. My away record was the best i can remember other than when managing a top team. 14 wins with just 4 defeats away from Portman Road over the season left me with the best record in the league. Promtly beat Brighton 4-2 on aggregate (winning the away leg 3-1) before losing in the final to Reading 3-2 despite having 2 men sent off.

My main goal for the summer was still to reduce the wages as the club did not have much in the way of spare finances. I signed 7 players for £220,000 in total and four of the players were under 18's who i feel will do a good job in the future. Nine players left for £2.5m and as of the opening game of the season i now have an annual wage of £12m.

During the ten months i charge the chairman had tried, and failed, 3 times to offload the club meaning i have spent a fair while under an embargbo. During the summer though i was informed that the club are looking into buying Portman Road.

The pre season odds had me at 25/1 and given the changes to the squad it was decided that a play-off place would be the target and so far, 11 games in i am 3rd, just a single point from the top spot. I have lost just once and just agreed to sell my star striker, who this season has not hit top form. The fans are calling for him to be dropped so accepting a £9.25m bid from Leeds was an easy decision. He is also my highest earner.

So i am sitting here thinking i am doing a decent job, and after a couple of poor spells with Sheff Wed and Derby am enjoying my save until

IPSWICH MANAGER ON VERGE OF SACK

nooooooooooooooooo.........please noooooooooooooooo.

yet im still smiling...

That's incredible. I think I know why you could be on the verge of the sack though. Is your current chairman still in takeover talks with anyone? If so, and they're close to buying the club, they often go to the media or the media say that the new chairman would like to do this and replace you with someone. If not then, you are quite unlucky tbh. But if you're enjoying it then that's good.

Two games later and im still hanging in there. I would not mind too much if it was down to the takeover but nothing has been communicated to me. The most frustrating thing is that i was tempted to ditch my save in 2018 as i totally messed up by leaving league 1 Huddersfield for Premier League Sheff Wed. Then went on to Derby and didn't settle, took over Ipswich and straight away began enjoying the save. Damn game lol

If so, and they're close to buying the club, they often go to the media or the media say that the new chairman would like to do this and replace you with someone. If not then, you are quite unlucky tbh.

Well takeover completed and i have unlocked the steam achievment for 'takeover survived'

David Sheepshanks has retaken over the club so fingers crossed i can continue. Confusing times :confused:

Well takeover completed and i have unlocked the steam achievment for 'takeover survived'

David Sheepshanks has retaken over the club so fingers crossed i can continue. Confusing times :confused:

I don't think you'll be sacked, it does this everytime there's a takeover ime.

Well im hoping i have survived. Since getting the message i have played 11 won 8 drew 1 and lost two. Although the two defeats where vs the two teams i previously managed, Derby and Sheff Wed. Proudly sitting top of the table. Whoo..

I am amazed that 9 game years in you are only taking the Ipswich job in the Championship. I always start low & within 4 game years I am a candidate for one of the top jobs. Last game went Crawley, Valencienne & then Arsenal.

As a matter of fact, when the top job comes along is when I generally lose interest & start a new game. I have never played a single game for more then about 6/7/8 game years.

When i started with Forest Green in BSBP i was intending on staying and taking them through the leagues as a long save. After two years the lure of Crewe was too much. As IRL they have fantastic youth teamers and i wanted to build a club around that. Was enjoying being there but i have a soft spot of Huddersfield, have done for about 15 years (dont ask me why).

Accepted the job there and rejected 6 job offers from Championship and was turning a decent profit through selling youngsters. I really dont know why i punted for the Sheffield Wednesday job in the Premier and straight away hated it. Suprised i lastest as long as i did and then went to Derby. Again really could not settle there and now im back enjoying the game again.

I like taking my time to get to Premier and love playing it with regens. Its far to easy to play with real players.

Does not always help when you stat with BSBP who are part-time, hardly any decent players and a sunday league rep.

What reputation do you start with??

Archived