Whats up with work permits

Im Rangers,, at the end of the first season Maurice Edu is refused his work permit on renewal of contract. He has played over 35 Int games all over the last couple of seasons . No big deal as I got 1.5mil for him and he aint all that anyway, ,but just seemd not right.

Another american Bradley ,, my scout report says keep eye to see if he becomes elogible for a permit ??? Bradley plays in ALL the USA games ,, he had over 65 caps ????

Then i buy carlos Fierro , age 17 mexican,, never played a international game in his life ,, and only just had his first proffesional season ,,, ,, ,, I appeal and he gets one !!!!

This cant be right surely ???

Yeah I seem to get odd Work Permit refusals / accepts. I had a really strange one on FM11 - a russian kid who had never played a game, and he didn't even need an appeal, just got one off the bat!

Isn't it partly to do with squad status as well, i.e. 'Hot Prospect' is actually quite good, but backup player is bad, because they know they're unlikely to play many matches, whereas even hot prospect they see as they will play games in the future???

That is a real life thing. It all works through the courts, the appeals do. McDonald Mariga is the biggest player I've known to be rejected a work permit in real life when he was refused because Kenya were below 70th in the rankings.

When a young foreign player gets the chance to move, it may well be rejected. The club in question will then appeal to the courts and try and see if they can persuade the courts to allow the player to be granted a work permit. What facts or causes they use, I don't know.

In FM, you often get to appeal work permit decisions and sometimes young players who have their initial work permit decisions turned down, get the appeal accepted if you choose to go through with it.

Ok just checked on my game,, USA are ranked 41,, and Michael Bradley and Maurice Edu are regular first team players. Mo Edu played over 24 games in my last season and has been playing regular international games,,,, and he has already had a permit,, this would have only been a renewal. He has more international caps than what he had when originally bought

Michael Bradley plays for USA all the time and like I said above has over 65 caps ???

There shouldnt be any issued with these players and work permits ??

I think (although not certain) that FM takes into consideration the number of games a player has been involved in for you since he last signed a contract to determine if he should be eligible for a contract renewal wp. I think something like this happened a few yrs back irl with Jason Scotland who was refused a renewed wp on the basis of how few games he'd played previously at club level.

Archived