Too many goals from corners?

Hi all

I purchased the game recently and, for the most part, am really enjoying it. It does seem slightly too easy, but perhaps this is a case of the pendulum having swung too far the other way re: accessibility of the tactics creator etc. However, I have noticed some slightly weird trends in goalscoring. One is that strikers seem to score too prolifically (I have seen this discussed on the forum elsewhere). The other is that there seem to be a very large number of goals from corners.

I was first alerted to this when Johan Djourou scored a hat-trick in my first CL game of the season. I dismissed it as a freak occurrence, but since then I am scoring an average of roughly 1 goal per game from a corner. This despite the fact that I have not opened up the set piece editor, and in fact have not even changed the default settings! Moreover, Arsenal in real life are a team that barely ever scores goals from corners; in all competitions, Djourou is my overall top scorer (4 goals, all from corners), Koscielny is joint 2nd with 3 goals, Mertesacker having barely played has 2 goals, and Vermaelen has one. That means that of the 24 goals my team has scored, 40% have been scored by my centre-backs - and all of these from corners.

Are others also noticing this trend? Or perhaps this is something already noted by SI for the next patch?

I should not be achieving this level of success from corners at all, let alone using the out-of-the-box corner settings.

Archived