Up The Millers

nastymiller

Simple updates about my challenge to get the Millers up the leagues.

Using FM2011 (I really don't like this new one! Am I the only one?) Latest patches with only England loaded with all leagues and a large database, Sunday league footballer as my experience - let's see what happens.

Will focus on my top youth prospect who is 17 year old Oliver Banks, I'm hoping to stay with the Millers until a European cup is won!

The usual start of season stuff:

2 year contract given worth £725 a week.

Club expect promotion.

£50k transfer budget.

£21k wage budget with £19,933 currently being spent.

He goes building the backroom team up, and pre-season.

July 2010:

6 pre-season games, with 4 wins and 2 defeats.

Brought a youth coach, a coach and another scout in for the backroom.

Derby became by parent club and have loaned me the USA under 20 captain Conor Doyle for the season, hoping the striker knocks a few in.

Offered the players a pot of £225k if they win the league and £120k if they win a cup.

Signed 3 of my main out of contract players back up, Andy Warrington (GK) on a 2 year deal worth £75k, Nick Fenton and Kevin Ellison being the others.

Ryan Creswell is made captain, with Paul Warne vice-captain.

No signings as yet, looking for a good, young left sided midfield player - one good now, but also good enough for the future as left sided players are very hard to find.

Player watch:

Oliver Banks started 1 pre-season game and came on as sub in another 3. Not a great deal to say, didn't really do much.

Start of the season and an away league cup tie against the Gypsies that are Doncaster Rovers.

August 2010:

Sitting top of the table by 1 point, and a nice shiny manager of the month award.

5 young players brought in on loan, 2 from Derby, 1 from Arsenal and 2 from Aston Villa, still searching for that left sided midfield player.

Doncaster beat me 2-0 in the 1st round of the league cup.

Adam Le Fondre is top scorer with 3 goals in 4 league games, all other goals dotted around, playing a 4-4-2 works well with these players.

(A) - Accrington, won 4-1

(H) - Morecambe, won 1-0

(A) - Barnet, drew 2-2

(H) - Crewe, won 2-1

(A) - Doncaster, lost 2-0 (1st round of league cup).

Player watch:

Oliver Banks started 1 reserve game and came on as sub in another 1, also started in 2 youth games - nothing to note as yet - working on the young man's marking and have already seen his rating move from 6 to 7.

Got Notts County at home in the Johnstone's Paint Tin Pot Cup - no doubt a few 'scab, scab, scab' chants will be shouted out!

Archived