Getting the team talk wrong - Early Goals

TAV2

I know SI have totally played down the affect that team talks have on your team during a match but im sure there is a link between them and early goals. Everytime I think i maybe got it wrong i let in one. Its happening way to much in my opinion too. Seems to be over half the games there is a goal scored in the 1st 10 mins which is crazy! Anyone else notice this?

Think im going to look into this more as its really bugging me. Going to start a save with a decent team playing good tactics but will mess up team talks every game at start of both halves. Probably need to do a proper end of game one to keep morale good inbetween games. Sure there is a link here somewhere!

I routinely find the 'don't get complacent' half time team talk to be a killler - i can be 3-0 up at half time, with the opposition having had not one shot in the whole first half, and if i give the 'don't get complacent' team talk i can gurnatee the opposition will score within 5 mionute sof the re-start.

"Don't get complacent" is not advisable to use if you're more than one goal up. The players will often be confused, stressed or angered.

On the other hand, if you're a goal up, and especially if you haven't dominated that much, the players will react really well to that team talk.

I very rarely have this issue, during team talks if going well be passionate, if going badly, be assertive, if doing averagely, be calm.

If I get a negative reaction, I just speak to the player personally and usually change my tone slightly. As long as no one reacts negatively, we do quite well!

Archived