Work Permit troubles anyone else?

Currently on my 5th Season with Wigan, and signed Vincent Aboubakar in my 2nd season he got a work permit perfectly fine, and played nearly every game for me, also has 22 appearances for Cameron. His contract is up at end of season, but I cant get a work permit for him? :confused: Seems a bit strange.

Anyone else similar?

Looks like im going to lose one of my best strikers for free.

Did not know about the Nation ranking. It all still seems a little silly though. I can't remember his name without looking, but there is a Brazil born AMC in the BSP and as far as I can tell, no second Nation. How did he get a work permit based on the aforementioned?

It is quite silly. It happened to Man City a few years back with McDonald Mariga. They went to sign him and he had played enough games iirc, but because Kenya weren't in the top 70 nations, his work permit was rejected. There are also special cases where players are given work permits. What they are, I don't know.

It is quite silly. It happened to Man City a few years back with McDonald Mariga. They went to sign him and he had played enough games iirc, but because Kenya weren't in the top 70 nations, his work permit was rejected. There are also special cases where players are given work permits. What they are, I don't know.

Normally exceptions are made for 'exceptional talent'. Essentially the club will argue the case before a panel of experts. I know David Pleat has served on it in the past.

Archived