can anyone recommend

Job Centre > Advertise if playing in a realistic manner

What is realistic though?

Do managers/clubs put out adverts and wait, or do they look to bring in people they already know about? Is it different depending on the level of football?

(genuine questions by the way, I have no idea how clubs recruit staff)

What is realistic though?

Do managers/clubs put out adverts and wait, or do they look to bring in people they already know about? Is it different depending on the level of football?

(genuine questions by the way, I have no idea how clubs recruit staff)

I don't know but like any job I imagine clubs sound out people they know that they think might be able to do the job or promote from within.

In terms of advertising you do see these sort of jobs from time to time in some papers and on websites - Isn't there a law in the UK that all jobs must be advertised is some form?

I don't know but like any job I imagine clubs sound out people they know that they think might be able to do the job or promote from within.

In terms of advertising you do see these sort of jobs from time to time in some papers and on websites - Isn't there a law in the UK that all jobs must be advertised is some form?

I'd imagine it would be a bit of a mixture, a lot of coaches seem to be people who have some sort of link with the club already, but perhaps people like physios could be completely new to the club.

I'm not sure about the law, but I did find this:

Q: How can I get a paid job as a coach?

A: Jobs for coaches are advertised via FACA, may be advertised in local and national press, but a coaches first job is likely to be unpaid and found by going round all the local clubs 'selling' your services to gain experience, results and credibility.

That suggests that jobs are advertised, although it looks like a restricted site for members only. It makes me wonder if adverts have to go out when a manager takes a new job and bring his backroom staff with him?

Archived