More than one playmaker?

i wonder is it prejudicial to have more than one playmaker?

like if you use 2 poachers instead of 1 trequartista and 1 poacher hoping that you will get two 40 goals a season strikers the only thing that you will get is the goals of 1 poacher shared between each other?

As I understand it, playmaker really means two different things - one is a set of tactical instructions that tell a player in a particular position how to play. The other is a direction to your team to use a particular player as playmaker, and by design you can only select one player in that role. However there's no real reason why you couldn't have more than one player using playmaker instructions, unlike poacher it's a fairly well-rounded role so I wouldn't think it would handicap you to do so.

You could like have a deep lying playmaker and an advanced playmaker on the AMC position(or wide) playing a 4231.

Just have to think about the whole dynamic of the team and if you really need to have 2 playmakers to create chances.

am using

an

WB CB CB WB

------DF-------

---AP/s-AP/s----

W----------W

-----T/P-----(still deciding if i should use Poacher or Trequartista)

with real madrid,both Nuri Sahin and Alonso have such good passing stats but such lame defensive stats that it feels wrong using them as anything else

am afraid that with 2 AP's at same spot the wingers/wing backs will be left out,and considering my and arguably the world's best player is in one wing it would be a shame lol

i use two playmakers in central midfield in a standard 4-4-2 formation.

One of them is deep lying with defend duty, while the other is a advanced playmaker with attack duty. It's working well for me in the BSN and almost turns into a diamond formation when on the ball.

am using

an

WB CB CB WB

------DF-------

---AP/s-AP/s----

W----------W

am afraid that with 2 AP's at same spot the wingers/wing backs will be left out,and considering my and arguably the world's best player is in one wing it would be a shame lol

That won't be a problem. You'll have two players playing like playmakers, but only one will be treated as a playmaker (i.e. passed to whenever possible).

I don't think that you'll have any problems playing more than one playmaker as long as your overall team tactics suit this, i.e. passing football rather than long ball.

I currently play with a front 4 of an AMR, AML, AMC & ST. I have both the AML and AMR set to advanced playmaker and sometimes also the AMC (depending on which of my 2 main AMCs is playing) and I have overachieved with my current club Belchatow so playing multiple playmakers certainly doesn't seem to be harming us.

I don't think that you'll have any problems playing more than one playmaker as long as your overall team tactics suit this, i.e. passing football rather than long ball.

I currently play with a front 4 of an AMR, AML, AMC & ST. I have both the AML and AMR set to advanced playmaker and sometimes also the AMC (depending on which of my 2 main AMCs is playing) and I have overachieved with my current club Belchatow so playing multiple playmakers certainly doesn't seem to be harming us.

i used to play like that with Benfica in 2011,your AMs and your lone striker end up sharing a ton of goals/assists,but i suffered 24 goals while second place porto suffered 12,besides after selling my AMC(Aimar) who had 20 assits halfway through the season i never managed to find anyone good enough so i just dropped the amc for a dmc,my wingers/mcs had more goals/assists than ever(i guess it was because the passing focused more on the wings which meant that they weren't left out as often by my mcs) and i lowered my goals suffered :p

am using

an

WB CB CB WB

------DF-------

---AP/s-AP/s----

W----------W

with real madrid,both Nuri Sahin and Alonso have such good passing stats but such lame defensive stats that it feels wrong using them as anything else

change to 433

Archived