Player's progress has "stalled due to needing a new challenge"

I bought a striker mid-way throught last season, and he was incredible. Now its the early stages of my 2nd season and he cant seem to score to save his life.

His report claims he has declined as a footballer over the last 6 months, and his progress has stalled due to needing a new challenge. He is young and no where near fulfilling his potential. Is there anything I can do to right this, or is he simply too good for the current league and i should sell whilst he's hot?

It doesn't sound right that he'd be after a new challenge 6 months later. That's the sort of thing that used to happen after 5-10 years of being at the same club.

Does it say anything else? and which team are you/which league? It could be that he's fed up of playing at a lower level or disappointed that the team didn't progress as much.

With mine I have a conversation with them, offer a new contract, and it makes it go away for a bit but it always comes back. I just lost Steven Caulker after 9 seasons of first team football at Spurs (3 more on loan somewhere else..). He was moaning about a new challenge for the last 2 yrs.

Cheers for the advice.

Im playing as Macclesfield Town in League 2. The player is Omar Koroma.

I had a private chat and told him his performances need to improve. Next game he scored 2 goals against Oldham (L1) in the J Paint Trophy, which is pretty dandy.

He apparantly has the ability to be a leading League 1 striker, but isnt that good yet. His weaknesses tell me he is a selfish player with a lack of work ethic. Im already paying him the largest wage at the club, and gave him a new contract pre-season. Il just have to warn him every time his performance starts to dip, and hope that corrects it.

• 5 months later...

Im really really confused by this as well. I have it in the BSN with basically all my players.

They are all really happy to be with me so its just their training that is going wrong. The phrase progress has stalled due to new challenge only shows up in the reports on their training tab, not on Ass Man reports, player happiness, anywhere else, only in training

Is it that they are too good for the league, and so aren't developing? Or my facilities aren't good enough?

Its because i believe they aren't playing at a high enough level to develop their abilities, especially in the BSP/n/s A new challenge for these playerswould be a higher division, only way to get it to disappear is to sell them or get promoted!

Its because i believe they aren't playing at a high enough level to develop their abilities, especially in the BSP/n/s A new challenge for these playerswould be a higher division, only way to get it to disappear is to sell them or get promoted!

This, they need football at a level which challenges them.

Archived