Is it seasoned players who find it hard

As the post suggets I have noticed certain posts regarding the difficulty of the game, I am a seasoned player after playing the game from its original conception way back when and find it quite easy and have never been sacked yet.

Are the people who find it hard seasonded pros of the game or relative newbies. Is it once youve cracked it you know what to do to achieve success. On this save Im with Plymouth, first season went up with a team of frees and loans. During first seson got taken over by a tycoon but he did not put any money in for transfers / loans so I feel it was an achievemnt to win the league with those restrictions as also didnt have much of a backroom staff as had to reduce wage bill and combined job roles of existing player/goalkeeper coach etc... and promoted a coach to assistant manager to help finances prior to takeover.

My second season got 8mill to spend and 4mill on wages. Struggled to get the players I really wanted as they would not come as set rep to sunday league at beginning of game to make it harder. However, we are the leagues highest spended of 2.75mill and media prediction to finish 15th against Sheff Wed 800k spends (media prediction 1st), and wage bill is 3rd highest 5.15mill

I have just played my 5th game and am 2nd in the league. I know with the cash I have spent I am rightly placed (media prediction in my eyes incorrect due to financial clout at club and should have been higher).

What are your thoughts and on the above questions and how are you doing in your game relative to your past experience of playing it.

There is definitley an aspect of 'cracking it' as you say. Like you I've never been sacked and at times find the game too easy and so I set restrictions on myself or go smaller teams. But there is definitley a method, or several methods that you can stick to and be assured of success.

I have a friend who does find it harder, but thats because he doesnt stick to any kind of logical method, he plays the game the way he wants, he signs players when he knows he shouldnt, he has reserve squads of 30 players all on 5k-20k a week...but he enjoys it. My main problem is breaking away from any successful methods I have, in order to make the game more challenging.

There is definitley an aspect of 'cracking it' as you say. Like you I've never been sacked and at times find the game too easy and so I set restrictions on myself or go smaller teams. But there is definitley a method, or several methods that you can stick to and be assured of success.

I have a friend who does find it harder, but thats because he doesnt stick to any kind of logical method, he plays the game the way he wants, he signs players when he knows he shouldnt, he has reserve squads of 30 players all on 5k-20k a week...but he enjoys it. My main problem is breaking away from any successful methods I have, in order to make the game more challenging.

could you give me a quick run thorug of your successful methods for a club in the lower leagues such as shrewbury town. Am able to get them into championship quite easily but struggle to go much further. Thanks

Archived