Does this sound right (concerning the transfer market)?

In my current game in The Conference there is a striker who has scored 48 goals in 46 starts (as part of a team who have scored 111 goals), he's rated at £100,000 but has absolutely no interest from any club.

You'd think there'd be at least one league club knocking on the door and enquiring as to his availability?

Is this part of the problem with transfers? I know I'm having trouble off-loading players.

For real world comparison, AFC Bournemouth recently signed Charlie Sheringham from Dartford because he was banging in the goals in Kent. I suspect £100k is a lot more than the Cherries played, but if I was a league manager in the game and I saw a player score 48 goals in a season of Conference football then I'd be there asking about him. Why isn't the game?

The problem you have is exactly this. He's valued at £100k which in theory is alot more than League Clubs could probably afford. In real life alot of players who do well in non-league football often move for minimal fees with clauses involved. Your Charlie Sheringham example is good but so is Greg Pearson of Burton Albion. He only moved for a minimal fee. The estimated price of this player is probably putting League Clubs off.

I guess the club in question will end up keeping him then. He might be playing league football next season anyway, he's just about to take his club in to the play offs. Yes, they didn't get automatic promotion with 11 goals.

I just wish he was my player, then I wouldn't have been relegated. :eek:

I suppose it's also true to say that if he had been my player then I would have been asking at least £100k for him.

Archived