My board is building a stadium for nPower League 2?!

I'd just like to ask if there are any League 2 stadium regulations, that required my board to build a new stadium? My old one has 4500 capacity (500 seated) with average attendance of 500. We were in no financial position to build a new stadium and now they totally crippled my budgets.

An average attendance of 500 in League 2? I'd say that would be more of a worry.

Are they building a smaller stadium or a larger? If it is larger then I'd be really concerned if you're only getting 500 a game.

It would also help to know who you are. There might be some real life constraint that makes it more a possibility that the game will have them move before too long. An example would be if you are Rotherham, who currently play in Sheffield and would like to/may have to move back to Rotherham.

In real life, there are rules which can stop non-league sides from gaining promotion to the Football League. Iirc, Stevenage were stopped from entering the Football League a number of years ago due to them not meeting the requirements with their stadium. I'm not quite sure what they were though. I think it could be that there has to be a percentage of seated seats. I'm sure SI don't include this in their games due to the problems it could cause, and unless they've found a way to get round this, then maybe it's a nice addition to the game with some more realism.

Another reason could be that you don't own your stadium? What is your team btw? Maybe you don't own it and the board decided to build a new one so that they owned it.

Nottingham Forest is right about there being regulations regarding stadiums that can prevent sides being promoted to League 2. In the 1990s, it happened a few times. Stevenage Borough (as they were then known) and Kidderminster Harriers both had it happen. These regulations were relaxed, I believe. It was decided that the demands were too high. Once they moved to two-up two-down, they pretty much had to relax it, given that two sides were now due promotion each season. Still seems unlikely a club would have to build a brand new stadium unless they'd risen quickly from a low level and had a ground that was no way good enough. But even then, a good example is Fleetwood Town, who have had a succession of promotions, but are developing their current ground for eventual league football rather than building a new one.

I just entered League 2 with Boreham Wood and yeah, my ticket sales are hurtful. I own the stadium, but now I checked with FMRTE and it has expansion capacity of 2000, which would put it at 6500 max. Here are the regulations for League 2 and they require capacity of 5000 (2000 seated). Maybe it wasn't possible, I don't know 1 seated = how many standing places?

I can't find the message for the new stadium, but it was something around 8000 people for 9mil. I had a balance of 100k and the little profit I made was from two FA Cup matches vs big clubs and some friendlies :)

I just entered League 2 with Boreham Wood and yeah, my ticket sales are hurtful. I own the stadium, but now I checked with FMRTE and it has expansion capacity of 2000, which would put it at 6500 max. Here are the regulations for League 2 and they require capacity of 5000 (2000 seated). Maybe it wasn't possible, I don't know 1 seated = how many standing places?

would be nice if they told you *why* they were doing it in situations like that.

I can't find the message for the new stadium, but it was something around 8000 people for 9mil. I had a balance of 100k and the little profit I made was from two FA Cup matches vs big clubs and some friendlies :)

That soes sound very odd, it will probably destroy your save.

The only other issue is whether you actually owned your stadium then? If you didn't the board may have decided that you needed your own stadium. I'm not sure whether this is coded but if you've risen through the leagues quickly the board maybe preparing for another promotion by building a new stadium. Also, regarding your current attendances, I wouldn't worry just yet. ON FM10, I was Droylsden and got two successive promotions to the Football League. Before then my attendances were bad in the Blue Square Premier, but as soon as I was in the Football League my attendances shot up significantly. I can't remember exactly what they were but I think was getting over 1000, maybe even over 2000.

The bank loan is 4.4M, the rest came from selling the current stadium and government money or something. It is 30k/month for the next 15 years and for now the board is providing cash injections. My finances in the info screen turned to "Insecure", but I hope for the best :)

Did you get any money from Watford because they use Meadow Park as a reserve ground? Maybe they helped you out to improve their reserve ground. It would be strange, and I don't know if FM can even replicate something like that, but maybe an answer.

Archived